Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_GraFFix

John and myself have been talking and there is a possibility of bringing the garage back to ILGPC. For those who weren't around when we had it, its basically a personal page for each member to post mods and pics of your car.

Although there is one catch to getting the garage back and thats installation. As Ive said in previous posts about the garage it is a real pain to install into the forum. And alot of things are beyond Thalord's and my knowledge. Mostly php and other coding but time is another factor.

We can have the garage installed by the makers of the script but the installation has a one time fee of $65. Basically for $65 they would install the whole thing for us and it would probably get done alot quicker and wouldnt screw up the forums. to me this isnt a bad deal since I know whats all involved with setting the garage up.

Now if there is interest in this and people would be willing to donate to the garage fund then we will do it. John pays alot out of his pocket for these forums to be up. asking 600+ members to come up with $65 isnt asking alot. Even if you break it down to active members on this site which is probably more like 100 active users its still not asking alot.

If there is interest we will setup a way for you to contribute to this fund. If more then $65 is contributed then the remaining money will go towards paying for the new forum software upgrade that was done this past week, bandwidth usage per month...etc.

If you would be willing to donate to get the garage back please let us know in the poll above.

Thanks,
GraFFix

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I am surprised there are only 2 comments.

I just need to know there is interest in it.. and people to help support it.

Who is willing to chip in with their time and money to get this going, it's not super easy to setup and maintain, and although there are initial costs of about 65, there are other costs to maintain.

Please give honest opinions, I want to make sure it's worth it, before investing into it.

John

I

imported_GraFFix

Yea I thought this thread would of gotten lots of attention. I guess its a sign of the times...people want stuff in on this site but when it comes to paying for it I guess they can live without it.

From the outcome of this thread so far, Id have to say we just leave things the way thay are. If there are only 9 people on this forum who would like to see the garage back IMO thats not enough interest for the amount of work needed to do it

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I think it would be cool to have, but now alot of people have cardomain and things of that such that they can just put links to. I'd be up for throwing some money in usually, but with getting a house, car blowing up and my raise not going through at work, I can't spend a penny on anything I don't NEED. I don't think it would go over with the masses anyways, due to lack of interest, don't own a GP anymore (haha), or just being cheap. I would like to be able to show off my car, but more so, I would like to see peoples project cars coming together. Like the monster twin motor cutlass, Bob and voytecs drag car, and ron's latest "look what I found laying around, and where can I mount it" project. Good intentions indeed, but this may be a dead subject, and that sucks.
CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info