3800 Trac / ABS light On

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Replaced my passenger hub last year and that fixed my Trac / ABS light. (I used NAPA - lifetime warranty)

6 months ago, I ran through a huge puddle of water on the drivers side and the Trac / ABS light came on. I figured it's the drivers side hub. Replaced it with Autozone 1 year warranty hub, but the light continued to be On.

Being that I had a lifetime warranty on my NAPA passenger side, I said what the heck - I'll replace it again - maybe that went bad. So replaced divers side hub again. I still have the lights On.

I dont have access to a Tech II, hence I cant pinpoint troubleshoot.

What would be the next probable cause for the Trac / ABS light On?

-replaced both hubs
-fuses OK

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Nov 1 2006, 11:00 AM
Replaced my passenger hub last year and that fixed my Trac / ABS light. (I used NAPA - lifetime warranty)

6 months ago, I ran through a huge puddle of water on the drivers side and the Trac / ABS light came on.  I figured it's the drivers side hub.  Replaced it with Autozone 1 year warranty hub, but the light continued to be On.

Being that I had a lifetime warranty on my NAPA passenger side, I said what the heck - I'll replace it again - maybe that went bad.  So replaced divers side hub again.  I still have the lights On.

I dont have access to a Tech II, hence I cant pinpoint troubleshoot.

What would be the next probable cause for the Trac / ABS light On?

-replaced both hubs
-fuses OK

J.E.T.
[snapback]144332[/snapback]​
Sometimes it has to do with the brake fluid sensor. Try dissconecting it and see if it fixes it. Other possible causes could be from the EBTCM, or as previously bad the rear hubs.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
if you went through a big puddle and the light came on, check a few things... check the connector down at the hub for corrosion (obviously) also if you use a tiny jeweler's screwdriver, pry up on the contacts on the body side harness to make sure they are getting good connection.
also do the same for the other end of the harness that goes down to the hub from the main body harness (follow the harness back up under the wheel well to the frame, there is another plug there)

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i have access to a techII daily...if you are ever in the area i can scan it. i would check the connections like above, but sometimes you have to clear the code with the techII to get it to go off. it could have been a coincidence that the light came on over the water, maybe it is a different hub that is setting the light.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info