3800 tranny issues

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Ok for example this morning I get downtown (work) and Im going about 25 ish down Randolph and a taxi starts to stick his nose into my lane since he was getting blocked. I step on my brakes (normal since I had time to see him) and once I realized he wasnt going I get back into throttle (normal) and bam I get jerked into the next gear(or thats what I think is happening). Hope this helps

edit: not neck breaking jerk but nothing that Ive ever experienced but very noticable!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Oct 31 2006, 04:48 PM
Sounds like the clutches in the trans are starting to slip. This wouldn't affect gas mileage.
[snapback]144270[/snapback]​

I also recently changed my plugs from stock to NGK's gapped at .055 (i gotta double check). If my car is for some reason not satisfied with them would that affect my gas mileage? I did notice a lil more rough idle after having them put in but no codes or anything other than that. I might just go back to stock and see what happens.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Oct 31 2006, 04:34 PM
Ok for example this morning I get downtown (work) and Im going about 25 ish down Randolph and a taxi starts to stick his nose into my lane since he was getting blocked.  I step on my brakes (normal since I had time to see him) and once I realized he wasnt going I get back into throttle (normal) and bam I get jerked into the next gear(or thats what I think is happening).  Hope this helps

edit: not neck breaking jerk but nothing that Ive ever experienced but very noticable!
[snapback]144269[/snapback]​

Check the trans fluid...make sure it's full.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
x2 for checking fluid...

how bad is the fuel mileage? a good friend of mine has an 04 comp g (the inferno car) and the best he ever got was 19mpg, all highway, no boost...i think the 3.29's have something to do with that
[/b]

Yeah the 3.29's make a difference on mileage for sure. Ive never had great gas mileage but it seems to have got alot worse lately. Ive changed fuel filter, trans oil, coolant, winshield washer fluid :D .....

My prime suspect is the NGK's I put in about 1 1/2 months ago or something tranny related. My car really bogs sometimes under initial boost but since I have not thrown any misfire codes im not really sure if its missing. My knowledge on (internals)trannies is pretty much nil but im going to ask a question and if it sounds wierd and makes no sense then my bad. :lol: For instance when im driving at 45ish and my car is already in 4th gear and I get into boost the car just slugs along and sounds like when I forget im in tapshift :blink: (1st gear) and it revs kinda high like fucker shift me! Although that doesnt make sense since my car isnt trying to shift since I was already in 4th gear.(stock pcm) What else is going on inside the tranny in that example that could be causing a problem? Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info