3800 throttle body screen removal

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Man u guys are scaring me, My TBscreen has been out of the car for 2 years and now I hear not to touch it. That sucks lol.
[/b]

2 things...

1 I heard ram air hoods are make better performance in HIGH SPEEDS....

2 I also know someone who removed his screen and put 2 BIGGER cut wire screens in his intake hose and has not had a problem...

just throwing that in...

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
i removed mine with no problems what so ever. I've been without it for about two years too. I only run a little lean, but that was to be expected anyway with the modifications i had.

It all depends on the car. No big deal, but it can indeed throw shit off. As long as you dont give a huge f-, and you're not running huge horsepower and timing and boost, no big deal. Especially in the winter, you're not gonna blow anything.

Unless I'm wrong :(

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
It messed with my FT real bad and had a hard time correcting it.

Ram air only works if you are going about 140 mph........the hood does nothing but look cool
[/b]
not only do they not work, they heat up the air 10* as it goes threw and does a few sharp bends, not to mention that aerodynamics are thrown off with air tryin to go into the engine bayinstead of over the car. thats why the only aftermarket hood i would get is the intense one. it only pulls hot air out(to a point)
zoom had mentioned this before and ive always heard it true.

gt2000

Feb 14, 2008
I had mine out for a while, noticed no difference, if anything car got a little louder. Gas mileage sunk off a bit, idle would be screwy from time to time. I just would up putting it back in, as much driving as I do on the interstate I want to get every MPG I can, just my 2 cents.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info