3800 damn it... I need your prayers now....

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
http://www.wral.com/news/10185315/detail.html

Don't know why he was driving, don't know why he would ever drive that fast. Only has his permit. Don't even know the two of them got to his girlfriends work to take her car. The passanger has a license, so no clue why he didn't drive.
Basicly my son got his jaw wired closed today, 2 broken ribs. The other drive had her leg broke in two places, they operated last night.
His friend is who needs the prayers. He only had a 30% chance of living last night due to internal injuries. He did make it through the night and this afternoon they did go in and put a rod in his leg to correct the broken ankle. If he wasn't going to make it I doubt they would have done that. So I'm holding out hope there. He also has a crushed pelvis. When I meet his father today the only thing I could do was cry, I never wanted to receive a call like that, and for sure my worst nightmare would to ever have to be the father of a son that did that to another.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Some details from the officer last night. He was driving in access of 90 mph according to their measurments. He lost control and slide side ways for over 230 feet before over correcting and sliding another 260 feet before hitting the front of the other vehicle. The car he was driving slide passanger door first into the front of the other car. He was driving a Hundai XG350 and hit some type of Volvo. At time of impact he was doing 60 mph. The passanger side airbags did go off.

What I don't get is how could the car slide almost 2 football fields but only lose 30mph? Wouldn't it have flipped if it was going that fast? It was dry and sunny all day, so the road wasn't wet. The whole thing makes no sense.
And thanks to the news showing his name and address I have crying teens calling me all day wondering if it was true.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Sorry to hear... If it's any consolation, I don't think there is a single one of us here that can say we didn't do anything just as stupid when we were young. Some just have the misfortune of learning the lesson the hard way.

Best wishes for your son and for his friend.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Thanks all, I hate this kind of threads......anyways we brought mine home tonight. He will have his jaw wired shut for at least 4 weeks. He has several chipped teeth that will have to be repaired and the brake in the jaw did go up through a wisdom tooth so they will remove it. Nothing to do with the broken ribs, he's feeling it now, no more morphine.
The other boy is doing much better, his blood pressures up to 120 from 73. I can't beleive how nice his father is, and I can't even say anything when we talk....
The girlfriends mother said she ordered that car to have side airbags, the police said to her thats why they are still alive.
We think now he came around a corner and paniced slamming on the brakes. From how she described the skid marks to me, they started off broken up...the way abs would do, then became solid just before the vehicle crossed the center line. The e-brake was found on, so I wonder if he didnt step on it on accident which caused the skid, he has a size 13-14 shoe, because again as described to me he hadn't lost control until the lines became solid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info