3800 Need an oil pan

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Oct 29 2006, 01:34 PM
I'll see what I can find...although I have an ulterior motive. I'd like to grab your old one for an experiment.
[snapback]144066[/snapback]​

That would be fine, but it may be a bit till I can do this. From what I remember, the subframe has to be dropped or the engine raised to get the pan out and I don't have that brace thing to hold the motor where it is, nor a lift to pull up on the motor. So as soon as I can get my hands on one of those or someone that will give me a hand that has one, I'm stuck on swapping them.
I fired up the motor and had no problems with oil pressure or anything like that, I still want to swap it ASAP.
I will give you the dented one regardless, just to see what MacGyver is cookin up this time, haha.
CJ

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

yea, that would be a good idea. I crushed it pretty good inbetween the edge closest to the balancer up to the drain plug, but once it's off , it can be straightened enough to do what you want to do to it, I'll let ya know.
CJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Oct 29 2006, 04:30 PM
Deep sump and kick out to reduce windage, that's what I'm looking to do.

Nobody offers one yet, and it would be nice as an offering because we need some oil control mods for these cars.
[snapback]144078[/snapback]​
NO kidin'

crankcraper/rail spacer
external pickup and sump line to front pumpcover, just need a rear kickout witha couple trap doors
full length diamond (expanded steel mesh) stripper tray
endlarge the T chain cover sump area to keep the drainback oil from passing too close to the crankshaft (SI sump is much deeper in this area, i can post/refer pics if you'd like)

i also have a couple massive improvments on the pressure side of things...
the way they designed the main bearing, oil passage's, makes for poor flow/pressure drop as it passes the restriction of the cam bearing shell intruding on the 5/16ths passages...it necks down to a 3/16ths dia area for the oil that feeds the main bearing and the conecting rods...hardly adequate...

i do have a relativly cheap easy (kinda time consuming though) fix for it though...i got a few threads on 3800pro if your interested...

boozer, good luck and have fun...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list