3800 new PB w/ WBS IC

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
well i started the day off by making some last minute tuning changes, and it didnt work out very well. i was leaning out at like 107-110 mph, so i tried to add fuel in the rpm-vs-time table, and i couldnt seem to do it, so i had some kr up top. i ran the car about 8 times, and only got 5 time slips, and lost one lol. during all the runs, i had this mysterious KR issue, it would come in even with enough fuel (stock o2), but the car still managed to go 12.78 @ 108.xx mph. only probably is, my video camera would only take 10seconds of footage at a time, so i couldnt tape it, and they didnt give me a slip on the run. the best run i have a slip for is 13.09 @105.

so 12.78 @ 108 is the new unofficial PB. that was with street tires and a 2.15 60'

so if i would have used the drag radials, and a 1.80 60', that calculates to roughly 12.40-12.50. thats about 1/2 drop by switching to the new WBS ic, and a ported blower. remember this is on the stock tb! plus the tune is out of wack, and i dont know how to fix it lol.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
traction actually wasnt bad. there were some good times, as the wind shifted to a slight tail wind. it was more of a cross wind, but it was also helping the top end of the runs. there was a lot of rubber on the track from the wheelie contest a couple weeks ago, so some good numbers were had from a lot of cars. it should go low 12's with a 1.8 60'. hopefully 11's after i get the trans done.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
eh the tranny is in bad enough shape. i sold my drag radials earlier this year just so i wouldnt break the trans. i made my goal earlier (12's) in the year, so i got rid of them while i had the chance. i am happy knowing i have a good shot at bustin 11's next spring when the trans is done by zzp. stall, gears, the works. along with a couple cheap mods such as elec. w/p, and a/c delete.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Nov 1 2006, 09:37 PM
not sure what to expect, and what stall/gear combo to get.  the car is not a daily driver, but i would like it to be street ready in the event one of our other cars breaks down.
[snapback]144379[/snapback]​
Stall depends on if you plan on running full weight. If you run full weight, get a 300-3200ish stall, if you lighten the car get a 3500+. And get 3.29's at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info