3800 Solid trans mount from ZZP....

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Oct 27 2006, 03:01 PM
So I was happy to see the box hit my step a few min ago, and checking everything out, I pick up the trans mount and shake it.  I hear the fluid sloshing around.  I wanted SOLID mounts, so whats the deal, did they mess up or do they must call these one's their "solid mounts"?
CJ
[snapback]143933[/snapback]​

Dam, the only trans mount I heard of ZZP selling is the polyurethane one and correct me if im wrong, i think the polyurethane is not suppose to have fluid in it.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
the sell both, poly does not have fluid. basicly CJ you kinda got fucked. they get there mounts from napa just like everyone else, and when you buy there stock mounts there is like a 50-60%chance they will have fluid. this is a problem Vendors have to deal with when buying in bulk to get a chance of having a few goodones and its there responsiblilty to make sure they go threw them and seperate otherwise they need to mark them as having fluid. i would call
this is there fault, im sure they will replace

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 27 2006, 04:22 PM
the sell both, poly does not have fluid. basicly CJ you kinda got fucked. they get there mounts from napa just like everyone else, and when you buy there stock mounts there is like a 50-60%chance they will have fluid.  this is a problem Vendors have to deal with when buying in bulk to get a chance of having a few goodones and its there responsiblilty to make sure they go threw them and seperate otherwise they need to mark them as having fluid. i would call
[snapback]143940[/snapback]​

So are the one's without the fluid actually solid, or is there just a hollow center where the fluid used to be. In that case, is the hollow one really better, or should I just say fuck it and put it in. I wanted to install these tomorrow.
CJ

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Oct 27 2006, 04:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Oct 27 2006, 04:22 PM
the sell both, poly does not have fluid. basicly CJ you kinda got fucked. they get there mounts from napa just like everyone else, and when you buy there stock mounts there is like a 50-60%chance they will have fluid.  this is a problem Vendors have to deal with when buying in bulk to get a chance of having a few goodones and its there responsiblilty to make sure they go threw them and seperate otherwise they need to mark them as having fluid. i would call

So are the one's without the fluid actually solid, or is there just a hollow center where the fluid used to be. In that case, is the hollow one really better, or should I just say fuck it and put it in. I wanted to install these tomorrow.
CJ
[snapback]143943[/snapback]​
[/b]
cj , you dont beat on your car anymore and i dont see you racing so id say your fine, they sell it for a reason and the come stock that way.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by SINr247+Oct 27 2006, 05:20 PM-->
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Oct 27 2006, 04:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247

CJ
cj , you dont beat on your car anymore and i dont see you racing so id say your fine, they sell it for a reason and the come stock that way.
[snapback]143946[/snapback]​
[/b]
I still beat on my car, I have just been taking it easy cause of the problems with the mounts and exhaust. I'm just mad that I didn't get what I paid for, thats all.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Oct 27 2006, 05:52 PM-->
Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 27 2006, 05:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247

CJ

I still beat on my car, I have just been taking it easy cause of the problems with the mounts and exhaust. I'm just mad that I didn't get what I paid for, thats all.
[snapback]143947[/snapback]​
[/b]

you're having mount and exhaust issues? me too, but i think i have mine nailed down to loose motor mount bracket and sub-par solid mounted down pipe, so tightened all the motor mounts and brackets and locktite them, and have a wbody store d/p with flex section on order

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Toasty+Oct 27 2006, 11:25 PM-->
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Oct 27 2006, 05:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247

CJ

you're having mount and exhaust issues? me too, but i think i have mine nailed down to loose motor mount bracket and sub-par solid mounted down pipe, so tightened all the motor mounts and brackets and locktite them, and have a wbody store d/p with flex section on order
[snapback]143962[/snapback]​
[/b]

I have the R/T downpipe (the nice one), however, it has no flex and works off a doughnut gasket. Everytime I jump on it, it torques the motor so much it breaks up the gasket. So I'll put the mounts in tomorrow, and RTV the hell out of the gasket....and hope for the best.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Oct 28 2006, 12:33 AM-->
Originally posted by Toasty@Oct 27 2006, 11:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247

CJ

I have the R/T downpipe (the nice one), however, it has no flex and works off a doughnut gasket. Everytime I jump on it, it torques the motor so much it breaks up the gasket. So I'll put the mounts in tomorrow, and RTV the hell out of the gasket....and hope for the best.
[snapback]143968[/snapback]​
[/b]

rtv on exhaust gasket? sorry, but :lolsign:
but at least your d/p is decent... mine has some ghetto spacer/bushing to make the stock pipe at the flange go up to 3" creating a weak point

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 28 2006, 01:55 AM
I wish you would have bought it from us but such is life. :)

FWIW, the solid and the hydraulic mounts are identical.  Both have the void in the center for the fluid so the only difference is that one has the fluid and one does not. 

No worries either way.
[snapback]143978[/snapback]​

I was going to Mike, but your site is actually honest and says "hydraulic mount", and I wanted the solid rubber ones. Also, I needed needle bearings for my blower, so I just ordered everything from them.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Toasty+Oct 28 2006, 12:49 AM-->
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Oct 28 2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Toasty@Oct 27 2006, 11:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247

CJ

[snapback]143968[/snapback]​

rtv on exhaust gasket? sorry, but :lolsign:
but at least your d/p is decent... mine has some ghetto spacer/bushing to make the stock pipe at the flange go up to 3" creating a weak point
[snapback]143974[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yea, I'm gonna try out the RTV before I drop another 20+ bucks on a new gasket, it's kind of a ghetto fix, but worth a shot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info