3800 vaccum, breather questions

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
how much vaccum should I have with a zzp ic and running a breather? I am only seeing 10 inchs according to my auto meter gauage. After the trans is done I will be pulling the top of the engine apart again to install the aluminm LIM gaskets ported blower and WBS throttle body. With is setup I would like the get rid of the breather, anyone know how I can do this.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Oct 22 2006, 03:04 PM
how much vaccum should I have with a zzp ic and running a breather? I am only seeing 10 inchs according to my auto meter gauage. After the trans is done I will be pulling the top of the engine apart again to install the aluminm LIM gaskets ported blower and WBS throttle body. With is setup I would like the get rid of the breather, anyone know how I can do this.
[snapback]143304[/snapback]​
i thought zzp ICs retained the stock PCV function?
you can switch to a catch can but i dont think that is what your asking or route your going to want to take, but it gets rid of the breather

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by SINr247+Oct 22 2006, 04:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-2000gpgt
@Oct 22 2006, 03:04 PM
[snapback]143304[/snapback]​
i thought zzp ICs retained the stock PCV function?
you can switch to a catch can but i dont think that is what your asking or route your going to want to take, but it gets rid of the breather
[snapback]143306[/snapback]​
[/b]
They retain the function the pcv valve but because the core is large it blocks the passage or air going from the s/c to the lower intake. Whats the catch can thing?

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 22 2006, 05:02 PM
route tubing from a drilled oilcap to a bottle much like the coolat overflow bottle
but this would not elimante it only git rid of the breather and leave it functioning the same, this is required by tracks for tech on licensed vehicles. is there a reason you are trying to get rid of it
[snapback]143309[/snapback]​
I dont care for the breather, I want a fully functional pcv system, just like the factory.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
So I installed the new BBV and at idle the valve keeps opening and closing. Under boost it seems fine. If i unplug the small vac line going to the small electical thing under the BBV it will function as normal. I am now pulling 13 inch of van undle idle and it i hold the rpm at 1500 or higher it will have 15 inches of vac. SO something still id not right here and i have no clue where to start looking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• smug
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list