3800 Man i feel like a retard...

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Went to Fair muffler to have MJ fix an exhaust leak on my SHO, and to install Magnaflow mufflers, because it makes the car sound pretty damn good.

First he hacks off my mufflers... then looks in back for the muflers... decides to tell me they ONLY have the Stainless Steel (polished) race mufflers back there..... gee thanks for NOT looking first...

so i had to dish out an extra $70 per muffler that i didnt wanna spend, oh well.... they look really damn good.

Well long story short, the car is NEXT TO SILENT.

i just could not imagine why... i am pissed...

but i DID just check the magnaflow website, and it says the RACE mufflers are supposed to be quiet

"Magnaflow Stainless Steel Race Series Mufflers are specially-designed for race performance with muted exhaust sound. Satisfies track db requirements without sacrificing power"

DOH!

time to go to James dean to get REAL Magnaflow mufflers installed :angry:

Fair Muffler In LaGrange

The Best In Exhaust
Aug 20, 2008
I would like to reply to SyPs comment about his disatisfaction regarding services that we provided. I would like to say once I was aware of his post here I immediately contacted him and asked him why didnt he voice his concerns to me after service was rendered. I gave him the option of either an $80.00 dollars refund and he could keep the mufflers or he could use that as a credit for future services.In which he opted to bring back his GP and use the $80.00 towards credit . I would also like to set the record straight about the price, Syp was charged $40.00 dollars extra per muffler not $70.00. We stand behind our work and we strive on acheiving customer satisfaction. We arent here just to do the work but to listen to what the customer wants and agree on ways to acheive the finished product. Syp appeared to leave my shop after the second time as a happy customer and agreed to update this post stating the new outcome and his satisfaction with the way that he was taken care of by us. Perhaps he has been a bit busy and it has slipped his mind.

Thanks,

MJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info