3800 No! I need help!

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Ok, so apparently if you're 18 and you get two speeding tickets between 15-25 mph within one year, your license gets suspended for three months??!

What happened to three strikes?? My mom called me and told that she got a letter in the mail saying I had to turn over my ID to the Secretary of State on or before today. Thanks for the notice Jesse White

So now I can't drive, and I'm fucked. 3 months? Can I get it back? What the hell can I do? I know someone with 2 duis in a year, and he's driving around.

WTF do I do??

Fuck Illinois Laws....I'm moving someplace else

/rant will continue later/

I

imported_1fastGTP

thats bullshit! i got 3 speeding tickets in 2 weeks and i didnt even get my license suspended and that was when i was 16. Im 18 now but back then i had a total of 10 tickets in a month and theres a way to get around the ticket if u havent paid. if u get the ticket for $75.00 send a check for $72.00 they will send u a check back for $2.00 and u dont cash its never filed and will drop off after a few years. thanks to relatives that are cops :) or they can just get you out of it all in all.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Oct 20 2006, 08:28 PM
Ive got many tickets when I was under 18, hell I dont think I got a ticket since I was 18. I believe the 2 tickets in one year is for convictions on your record meaning you just pay the fine and thats it, no supervision no traffic school nothing.
[snapback]143181[/snapback]​

WELL, I have had 9 Speeding tickets from 16-19 :eek:

NO JOKE... You can get a lawyer and get them EXPUNGED... I did.. you always want them to get off your record... ;)

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Illinois state law says that if you get CONVICTED of 2 moving violations within a 24 month perio you get your liscence suspended for 3 months....... you are allowed TWO supervisions within a 12 month period, once a year passes on any supervision, you are allowed to get on it again. that being said you can have 5 movng violations wo/ a lawyer in a 24 month period and still keep your liscence. that is exactly how the law goes, because i JUST finished my 9 months in court..... we ended up getting the moving violation changed to a "loud exhaust" ticket and no moving violation went on my record.....

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
Originally posted by ClubGPGTT@Oct 20 2006, 07:10 PM
that does blow...i havnt heard of that and im going to school for a cop...but anyway, hey, bright side is you can save for mods faster, no insurance or gas ;) call the state and talk to them...but dont bitch or theyll tell u to f off
[snapback]143176[/snapback]​

what do you mean no insurance? The car is still in his posession right? He still have to pay for insurance, he just doesnt have a license.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
read what i said..... mine is within a few months. you HAVE to get a lawyer to get it quicker than 3 months.... HAVE TO....... they can vacate the last ticket and try to get the states attourney to change it to a non-moving violation and make you pay a big fine. mine was a 300$ fine for my "loud exhaust" but it saved me from losing my liscence. also has your suspension started yet????? wha is teh START date for it?

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
the start date is the 29th. I already paid for it tho....that's why I think I'm fucked. I was eligible for supervision, because it had been 19 months, but I don't know if livingston county offers supervision for non-residents. I'm contacting my lawyer that I get for free from U of I at the student legal services buidling, and I'm gonna see if he can maybe get one of the tickets knocked off.

I'm not going to get it changed to a non-moving and pay a larger fine, I'll take the 3 months and deal with it instead. But since I plead guilty, maybe I can say I assumed supervision? And get the judge to change it so this ticket at least goes away after 3 months.

if it had been feb 2007, i would have been ok.........this just sucks. and now i have to get a photo id.

Big pain in my ass. And I'll be working in Dec, so I need a car to be able to drive to work. I can plead hardship, but is working in Dec gonna work? I can get written proof of employment effective in december around winter break.

On the other hand, I take the suspension, dont drive around at all, and get surgery in december for a vericoseal vein in have on my left testicle.

Either way I'm completly fucked and theres really not much I can do about it. Sorry to rant, but it sucks

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
did you have your court date less than 30 days ago? if so you can go back and basically take back your plea of guilty. if not do this....

ok, you can still get supervision. you NEED a lawyer though.... heres what you NEED to do.

Get a lawyer, tell them that you need this ticket vacated and you want to get on court supervision. tell them your start date of suspension is the 29th so they know to act quickly. you need to do this TOMORROW. if you have any further questions, you can call me since this is indeed an urgent issue. i just went through this so it is still fresh in my mind.

815-263-4702 Craig

P.S. i still owe you 10$..... lol

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
i didn't have a court date, i mailed it in. I was stupid and now I think im gonna be paying for it. I'm seeing a lawyer thursday at 930, soonest I could go. That'll give me two days to see what can happen.

How do I find out if Livingston county (where i got the ticket) can offer me supervision?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
always get supervision, it cost alittle more but the ticket wont go on your record, that being said I did the exact same thing as u when I was in highschool cuz I did not want my mom and dad to find out about the tickets. In the end they did when that same letter came to my house. there is something you can file for that will alow you to go to court for the last ticket if you paid it but that is only if you did not go to court in the first place and you just mailed it in or droped off money. I will see if I can find out what it was called that you have to file for.

brett

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
its called getting the ticket vacated. you have to do that if you wait more than 30 days from the time te conviction was entered, or the time you sent off the form. get it VACATED BEFORE the suspension start date and have them call springfield to let them know and you will NOT be on suspension at that time because the ticket that made you lose it isnt a conviction anymore. get it done BEFORE your suspension starts and it will all be ok....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info