3800 Cracked gasket

t_tow

May 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure he said it was the head gasket. He tried to get me to replace the whole engine but I just want to fix it and sell it cause I just got another gp. I also don't know how far it's goin cause once the engine gets hot the smoke comes and that's pretty much it for a minute. I think the coolant is leaking out of it or something so I'm a need somebody on the southside of Chicago.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by t_tow@Oct 20 2006, 10:40 PM
I'm pretty sure he said it was the head gasket.  He tried to get me to replace the whole engine but I just want to fix it and sell it cause I just got another gp.  I also don't know how far it's goin cause once the engine gets hot the smoke comes and that's pretty much it for a minute.  I think the coolant is leaking out of it or something so I'm a need somebody on the southside of Chicago.
[snapback]143193[/snapback]​
I think it's worthy of a 2nd opinion, if it's stock, headgaskets aren't usually much of a problem on these cars.

Generally if you're loosing coolant, and smoking from the exhaust, I'd look at the coolant passages in the TB as the culprit, then the LIM gaskets. Usually these are the most common issues.

Head gaskets are a pretty big job, and may not be needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info