3800 LAST WEEKEND AT ROAD AMERICA

Here are some pics at RA this last weekend. Everyone was OK and walked away!!!

This S2000 was in a roll-over. His brake line broke, what bad luck. He was driving it later that day but not on the track.

3y3sikk.jpg

2ebscqr.jpg

2nbdbf4.jpg

Lost control...it happens.

40mw7sl.jpg

2qi1aop.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Road racing is really safe. I can't remember the last time a car crashed at a SHO event. It's when you mix inexperience and ego that problems start to occur. Given the stock look of the 3 cars involved I would venture a guess that one of the two, if not both, played a part in the crashes.

That's just my guess though... :)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Road racing is really safe. I can't remember the last time a car crashed at a SHO event. It's when you mix inexperience and ego that problems start to occur. Given the stock look of the 3 cars involved I would venture a guess that one of the two, if not both, played a part in the crashes.

idk how stock those cars are but they all got some sorta aftermarket wheel/tire combo.

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by Xtant12@Oct 18 2006, 09:49 AM
I keep hearing about this place from everyome... where is it at??? I take it that this place is like a Road track...
[snapback]142873[/snapback]​

Road America is one of the nations premier road racing facilities... it is located in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin... about 3 hours or so north of chicago...(depending on who drives). They also run the skip barber performance driving school there. Iv raced there probably a good 50+ times between go-karts, super-karts, motorcycles, porsche gt3, ferrari 360 challenge, toyota atlantic, barber dodge, lotus elise, porsche 911 gt2-rs, and vipers... its a fun track, probably the most fun in a shifter-kart... lol

Originally posted by vipermike2002@Oct 18 2006, 10:19 AM
Damn, 3 big accidents in one weekend? Road racing looks like a hell of a lot more dangerious than drag racing. What happend to the seperation between cars like you were telling me about that one night.
[snapback]142871[/snapback]​

There was more than 3 but that's all the cars I got pics of. A couple of Vipers went into the wall along with a few Vette's. Well when you catch the guy in front of you, then you need to pass. All of the accidents were one car only. Going to fast, not braking enough or too late braking. Hell, I even had 2 wheels in the grass, I just missed my turn in point. I got up to 138 MPH in the front straight!!

They're a few more openings left in HPDE 1 for this upcoming weekend 20th & 21st of Oct. I'll be up there again with the GTO. Even if you can't sign up come out and watch, you'll see what its all about. https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=358
http://www.roadamerica.com/

Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 18 2006, 11:16 AM
Road racing is really safe.  I can't remember the last time a car crashed at a SHO event.  It's when you mix inexperience and ego that problems start to occur.  Given the stock look of the 3 cars involved I would venture a guess that one of the two, if not both, played a part in the crashes.

That's just my guess though... :)
[snapback]142879[/snapback]​

No not at all. Just because a car is stock doesn't mean that it can't be on the track or is more susceptible to having accidents. Most cars in HPDE are stock or very close to it. Its the ego thing and tryin to go too fast too soon that gets most of the drivers in trouble.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info