3800 been thinken....

I

imported_1fastGTP

well ive been looking around at parts for the m90 and for some reason im getting bored of it now... i wanted to IC it but that didnt happen.. when i was looking at it. My blower is coming back soon. those were the things i was looking forward to, then the turbo caught my eye. i asked my dad what he thought about me demodding my car? he said if i wanted to thats fine. then i mentioned to go turbo route. he said if this is what i want to do then i can go with it. i like the sound of the supercharged car sometimes but the turbo is just sick!! i was just wondering what everyones input on this would be. (about tranny, money, etc.)

If i go through with the turbo setup, im going stattama with turbo upgrade, intercooler, boost controller and stage 2 maybe 3 cam. if i decide to demod ill obviously need stock parts in exchange so i can still drive around for the time being.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
For the money you spend, your better off with the M90. You can hit 11s and spend less then a turbo or whipple setup. Its when you want to smash low 11 and high-mid 10 second barriers that turbos and maybe the whipple (still waiting) will help more.

Especially since you already have headers and a cam. Stick with the M90. Unless you have money to blow.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
SHHHH, Shaun demod your car.. its always going to be slow anyways... Give me your hood... :lol: For real, your car is pretty fast, and I wanted to do the IC to but things came up... I know how you feel... The turbo is nice but you have gone to far to look back now.. It would he a heavy loss in $$$$$.... I say just do the M112 SC or something.... but thats just me...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I agree with the above, you're right on track with your mods. Get an IC, build your trans and 11's will be cake. The next step would be an L36 block to complement your mods.

Turbo's sound cool, but the M90 has more smile per mile to drive.

I

imported_1fastGTP

thanks everyone on ur input. and true that is a pretty nasty loss in money.. so ill stick with my plans drop the ic+blower/tb get a tune save for nice upgraded tranny work, (what can i get to make it neck snapping or sit u in your seat really nice?) i dont know to much about the block... what would that do hp wise and so on?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
turbo=better MPGs :ph34r: :lolsign:

how is an m-90 better for daily driving, i know im on the otherside of the fence on this but having a lot less instant load made daily driving alot more manageable
and my gas milege has never been better. i was right there with you in being bored with the m-90 setup, i think they are a little played out. going with a stattama kit will give you lots of options. dont just read off there site talk to matt m, hes a great guy that will build it the way you like
there is nothing custom about parts you have now, i notice you like to be a little differnt,and a one-off turbo kit would fill that in nicely

m-90 @WOT=sounds like ass
turbo with open cutout @ WOT =bad ass GN tone that demands respect
dont buy cause of sound tho,its just one of the perks

the cam is fine so no need to sell there,(some turbo cars making sick power on an XP,just use the right size A/R for it and your fine) what other stuff would you need to sell except for the headers and blower?

money is a whole differnt story,eye of the beholder on that one
trans is needed either way

let the turbo bashing begin

03turbogt

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 19 2006, 07:55 AM
turbo=better MPGs :ph34r:  :lolsign:

how is an m-90 better for daily driving, i know im on the otherside of the fence on this but having a lot less instant load made daily driving alot more manageable
and my gas milege has never been better. i was right there with you in being bored with the m-90 setup, i think they are a little played out. going with a stattama kit will give you lots of options. dont just read off there site talk to matt m, hes a great guy that will build it the way you like
there is nothing custom about parts you have now, i notice you like to be a little differnt,and a one-off turbo kit would fill that in nicely

m-90 @WOT=sounds like ass
turbo with open cutout @ WOT =bad ass GN tone that demands respect
dont buy cause of sound tho,its just one of the perks

the cam is fine so no need to sell there,(some turbo cars making sick power on an XP,just use the right size A/R for it and your fine) what other stuff would you need to sell except for the headers and blower?

money is a whole differnt story,eye of the beholder on that one
trans is needed either way

let the turbo bashing begin
[snapback]142891[/snapback]​

mmmmmmm i love my turbo car when i got to feel its power 4 months ago should be dont soon hahahahahhaah..............

its all about money if you got it and dont care about spending it go turbo! and if you dont i have my l36 motor with 25k on it if you want to break into my garage and steal it before sat.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm not flaming a turbo set-up. They can really haul ass, but for Shaun I wouldn't reccomend it. It's really not plug and play, most people are constantly scewing with it, and it has a different feel than the instant power of an M90 if the trans is not set-up correctly.

Both set-ups are a means to an end, and can both perform well. For money's sake, he's got most of the ingredients already to make a fast car.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Oct 18 2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not flaming a turbo set-up. They can really haul ass, but for Shaun I wouldn't reccomend it. It's really not plug and play, most people are constantly scewing with it, and it has a different feel than the instant power of an M90 if the trans is not set-up correctly.

Both set-ups are a means to an end, and can both perform well. For money's sake, he's got most of the ingredients already to make a fast car.
[snapback]142905[/snapback]​

Ron is so right.. He has gone to far to turn back now... ;)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Xtant12+Oct 18 2006, 06:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Oct 18 2006, 03:30 PM

[snapback]142932[/snapback]​
[/b]
explain jason, besides headers and blower how has he gone too far?
everything else is perfect, and he can get most of his money back for that stuff
what mod makes it unable to be turbocharged?
ron never said it couldnt, he said just to not spend more $ when it is capable to be some what fast

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247+Oct 18 2006, 06:45 PM-->
Originally posted by Xtant12@Oct 18 2006, 06:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Oct 18 2006, 03:30 PM

[snapback]142932[/snapback]​
explain jason, besides headers and blower how has he gone too far?
everything else is perfect, and he can get most of his money back for that stuff
what mod makes it unable to be turbocharged?
ron never said it couldnt, he said just to not spend more $ when it is capable to be some what fast
[snapback]142934[/snapback]​
[/b]

WELL, I never said it couldnt be DONE BOB... I guess your right but you know what, I feel it would just be a lot of work to convert.. I just say stay with the SC, go with the m112 or something like that.. BUT THATS JUST ME... I did agree with ron, Shauns car is already fast... But he can make it faster with both options... His choice... Im sure it will be fast in the end... ;)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 18 2006, 09:35 PM
x-p works with turbos,  figured you would of seen that
[snapback]142956[/snapback]​

Stock cams work with turbos too. Whats your point?? :ph34r:

Right now his car is optimized for a M90. Why lose money on parts and spend even more money to change power adders?? 4K+ just to change to a turbo or whipple to run the same times and still have to worry about a tranny. Sounds kinda dumb to me.

Kyle has the right idea. If your just starting out, then it would be worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info