3800 BBV

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
if you lift it you'll loose some part throttle power but WOT performance will remain the same and you won't build boost as easily on the highway in 4th gear.
if you had a pt you could increase your "boost ramp rate" so when you do start getting into boost it will build quicker which would be a good trade off and you wouldn't be riding 5/8lbs of boost in 4th gear.

I know what you're talking about tho I hate that "chugging" feeling you get in 4th when you're in boost.

I left my BBV in the stock location and just set the torque converter to unlock easier in 4th gear so it doesn't chug if I start to get on it a little bit.

if you're riding 5lbs of boost CRUISING you definitly need to raise that mofo.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by xierxior@Oct 18 2006, 09:05 PM
if you lift it you'll loose some part throttle power but WOT performance will remain the same and you won't build boost as easily on the highway in 4th gear.
if you had a pt you could increase your "boost ramp rate" so when you do start getting into boost it will build quicker which would be a good trade off and you wouldn't be riding 5/8lbs of boost in 4th gear.

I know what you're talking about tho I hate that "chugging" feeling you get in 4th when you're in boost.

I left my BBV in the stock location and just set the torque converter to unlock easier in 4th gear so it doesn't chug if I start to get on it a little bit.

if you're riding 5lbs of boost CRUISING you definitly need to raise that mofo.
[snapback]142949[/snapback]​

Damnit I need a PT. *says to self, SAVE FOR A PT*

Yeah I'm mainly just talking about the chugging feeling in 4th when it keeps the convertor locked, I can get it to hit 5lbs boost, before it ultimately is too much throttle input and it unlocks it.

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
How are you doing with this?
I adjusted my BBV ALL the way up and love it!
Mine is raised as high as it will go - i don't build boost so quickly now and i'm getting better gas mileage.
I suggest you raise yours all the way up too.

ps - i'm still faster
pps - i'm faster than any 'new' Rustangs as well :p

[insert monkey pic here___]

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
How are you doing with this?
I adjusted my BBV ALL the way up and love it!
Mine is raised as high as it will go - i don't build boost so quickly now and i'm getting better gas mileage.
I suggest you raise yours all the way up too.

ps - i'm still faster
pps - i'm faster than any 'new' Rustangs as well :p

[insert monkey pic here___]
[/b]

I have yet to mess with it. :(

I also believe I may have traced some of my terrible knock problems to my MAF. I will find out tomorrow on my trip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info