3800 Interesting Conversation

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Yesterday I went to Jewel to get some Saline solution and when I pulled in the lot I noticed that the Jewel cart kid was eyeing my car. I went in the store and was out within minutes and this time the same kid was was walking past my car (pushing carts) and the conversation went somthing like this: (keep in mind he looks kinda trailer trash)

Him: What do you got under the hood?
Me: Nothing special just a lil somthin somthin.
Him: I'll race you in the 1/4 mile.
Me: Oh yeah
Him: Ever heard of 350 double roller turbo cam (exact words and didnt even pause between words)
Me: :confused:(barely understood him he said it so fast) Huh? You said 350 with a turbo and cam?
Him: Yes, my uncle put it in. Its in my truck (points to truck)
Me: (he points to this old beatup ass primered pickup) I kinda chuckle and say ok....What kinda turbo do you have in it?
Him: Hmmm...well im not sure but its not like the new cars you cant hear the turbo (**pssst***) its in the motor and transmission so you cant hear it.
Me: (trying to not roll out my car laughing) Oh yeah dam what does it run in the 1/4 mile?
Him: Low 13's still got some more to do to it.
Me: How much boost are you pushing?
Him: My tranny is acting up so im not really sure, my uncle put it in so im not too sure. So do you wanna run the 1/4 mile?
Me: Yeah man sure just let me know :rolleyes: when you see me.

I should have took a picture from my phone it would have been the icing on the cake for this story. :p

So I guess ive learned it all... supercharged and turbo'd transmissions!! LMAO

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
Originally posted by Aircal@Oct 16 2006, 01:31 PM
Perhaps his uncle told him it had a turbo 400 trans. that would make since.
[snapback]142722[/snapback]​
prolly a th-350... also known as turbo 350..... but who knows... maybe it was super-turbo roller wtf charged.... good thing u didnt bet pinks....... then u woulda had to fix the piece of shit....lol

sloogtp

Oct 8, 2008
Originally posted by bluegpgtp+Oct 16 2006, 10:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Aircal
@Oct 16 2006, 01:31 PM
Perhaps his uncle told him it had a turbo 400 trans. that would make since.
[snapback]142722[/snapback]​
prolly a th-350... also known as turbo 350..... but who knows... maybe it was super-turbo roller wtf charged.... good thing u didnt bet pinks....... then u woulda had to fix the piece of shit....lol
[snapback]142745[/snapback]​
[/b]

hahahaha wow you had me laughing for a minute there

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP+Oct 16 2006, 11:18 PM-->
Originally posted by syP@Oct 16 2006, 06:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Oct 16 2006, 01:07 PM
i heard chads putting one in the rustang :ph34r:
[snapback]142718[/snapback]​

AND getting it warranteeeeeed
[snapback]142734[/snapback]​

:ph34r: :ph34r:
[snapback]142757[/snapback]​
[/b]

...thats all you have to come back with???

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
it wouldn't take to much to get an older chevy/gm pickup truck into the 13's. I mean if you call a new engine not much :D but besides that the rest of the drive train can support just about any level of power you throw at it unlike most cars where as soon as you start adding more power you start blowing up trannys/drive shafts/rearends.

they usually came with a TBI 350/turbo 400 trans which is pretty easy to swap over to a carb.
I say carb because I couldn't justify throwing more then 3k at some old rust bucket pickup tho :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info