3800 For people who have State farm insurance

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
As some of you may know i was in a motorcycle accident in May that left my bike totalled, i have been to the doctor twice about back pain and he required me to go to thearopy, but i can't go because state farm says they cannot garuntee they will cover it, so it would have to come out of my pocket first. I do have health insurance but it will only cover over 1000$ so the first 1000$ would have to come from me. I do have bodily injury on my insurance but ate up about 300$ of that already from the doctor visits. I am disgusted and ashamed to even call State Farm my own insurace company, I have been with them for 5 years, and my Family has been with them for over 25 years. We have 17 cars and 6 houses insured with them and this is how they treat us. They offered me 300$ for my medical bills and another 300$ for pain and suffering. I still owed more on the bike then it was worth so i got nothing from that. So i lost 2000$ worth of equity i had into the bike, the 1000$ worth of work i put into it, the clothes that got ripped up from the pavement, and my 300$ helmet which is now useless, not to mention the fear i live with everyday of knowing that i should be dead. I have like panic attacks everytime i come up to a street light and it turns yellow right before i enter the intersection. Yes i am greatful that i still have my life, but still to be treated this way makes me so upset, even when they addmited that their client was 100% at fault, i still cannot go get the treatment i need. So i am just suggesting to anyone who has them to look for something different, i would really hate for anyone to end up in the same postion that i am in now, it's not worth it.

Jim

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
sorry to hear about your accident and the thing that state farm is putting you through. I've been with state farm for about 8 years now and when i totaled my first gp i got that paid in full and got covered by my insurance for thearopy. I've had nothing but good things happen when i need them and will not trade them for anything else.. Sorry again about your incident but i'm sticking with State Farm.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
I'm also sorry to hear about your accident, but I agree too! I've had State Farm since I was a junior in high school (1993), my moms had them for like 20 years, my dad for like 30 years, their multi-line, multi-car discounts are awesome and the customer experience has been nothing but great! When I totalled my Chevy Blazer they paid me in full too and had a quick response to make sure every base was covered. Like above, I wouldn't trade them for nobody! I have family members that work for State Farm, it's truly a Great company, but maybe just not for everyone, I'll agree with you there...

Just a thought, maybe just look into changing your policy to higher limits or different coverage, it's not always the insurance companies fault for what you select and pay for...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info