3800 lower motor mount

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
In an effort to keep my gtp from clunking all over the place, I decided that the noise was most likely the lower motor mount.

Call all over creation to find who has what in stock...

auto zone is the only place with it in stock... some off brand thing, but lifetime warranty. OK, no biggie that works....

dive into install.... get the old removed, and go to put new in.... IT DID NOT FIT

the mounting bolts to frame/cradle/whichever were spread too far wide to fit..

grrrr. pound on with hammer, this way and that and doesnt fit still!

so clean self up a bit, and go back to the store (diff vehicle of course) and talk to parts guy. parts guy is confused... says it should fit... so he grabs the other one off the shelf... ITS WORSE YET

so i had to take the one i bought originally, and mash on the ends some more and get it to fit in there... it was still tight.

but then i discovered that i had to start the top 2 nuts and then slowly position the lower two wile lowering the motor back, since there was no way i was getting the motor to drop back down perfectly where it was (took me at least 20 min to figure this out)

so then after prying and pounding, got it back together.... FINALLY!

PHEW!

So, moral of the story? dont buy the lower mount from autozone unless you like to hammer and mash new parts!

/rant off

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
i'm feeling the soreness of wrenching on the thing today... oh well

still need to replace the exhaust donut off the manifold to the dp.... i am assuming that it's the stock size there, then the piping is what goes to 3 inch, since they are stock mani's...

will i be able to drop the whole dp/ exhaust system enough without unbolting the whole thing, since it's a welded system??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info