3800 fun with no exhaust

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
so i went and had a flange put on the front of my cat so i can just unbolt my exhaust. When i got home i instantly unbolted it and hit the open road........wow what a differance. i know with open cutouts there is alot to be gained but was confused at some of the results. obviously spool time dropped, but i gained 3 psi, went a little rich, and lost 1 deg of timing. i was expecting to get alot leaner with no backpressure and more boost. i did get my first blip of knock,(1.1 degs for a sec) tho it could of been from the DP bouncing around on the flex from the hard take off.
and the car is still pretty quiet in compression to when i had the m90 and cutout open. i drove next to a state trooper for two blocks and he gave some funny looks but dont think it was enough to piss him off tho. its sounds mean as hell when you just tap the throttle. i almost dont want to close it now. o well screw the neighbors i only go to work at 6am :ph34r:

im just bored and ranting about having a louder car for the first time in 6 months and actully enjoying it
my scans were not what i expected tho
i will miss days like this when i dont have a quick daily driver anymore soon :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list