3800 Fred Cakanic III was shot on 10/09

On Monday Oct 9th Fred Cakanic from Milwaukee, WI was shot in the back.

He was walking to the back door of his house after work. When a guy approached him and demanded his wallet. As Fred was trying to get his wallet out the man shot him. He was able to make it to the back door and get his mom.

He was taken to the hospital. The bullet hit a main artery. He was bleeding internally and lost 3 units of blood (you only have 5 units in your body). Fred went into surgery that lasted at least 4 hours. He made it out of surgery ok and the doctor was able to remove the bullet. They had to remove ½ his lung. He is currently in the ICU. The doctor is hoping Fred will be moved to a regular room on Wednesday the 11th. Fred’s recovery is going excellent. The doctors and nurses are impressed. He has been sitting up, talking, and hasn’t complained about the pain.

The hospital Fred is staying at is:
Froedtert Hospital
9200 West Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226

Phone number: 414-805-3000

Fred will not be able to receive visitors or phone calls until he is out of the ICU.

If you would like more details, you can call his mom Lynda Cakanic.

Lynda’s
Home: 414-442-8405
Cell: 414-690-8765

Everyone please keep Fred and his mom Lynda in your thoughts and prayers.

I just received this from Lynda:
Once Fred it out of ICU Lynda would like to get everyone together that wants to visit Fred and go as a group. She thinks it would bring tears to his eyes to see how much everyone cares.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I could not believe it when I got called about this. I am still in shock. I talked to Lynda about an hour ago and she said the nurses are calling him the miracle boy for surviving this. Fred is an incredibly kind and strong person and I know he will pull through this. I am sure he will be back at the race track before you know it.

My thoughts and prayers are with Fred and Lynda right now. I will be going up to see him tomorrow.

Also, the house number is 414-690-8765, the cell number is correct.

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Oct 10 2006, 11:20 PM
I could not believe it when I got called about this. I am still in shock. I talked to Lynda about an hour ago and she said the nurses are calling him the miracle boy for surviving this. Fred is an incredibly kind and strong person and I know he will pull through this. I am sure he will be back at the race track before you know it.

My thoughts and prayers are with Fred and Lynda right now. I will be going up to see him tomorrow.

Also, the house number is 414-690-8765, the cell number is correct.
[snapback]142245[/snapback]​

414-442-8405 ;)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Oct 11 2006, 09:08 AM
Lynda called me about an hour ago. Fred was moved out of the ICU around 2am and is now able to eat and begin to try and walk. I can't believe how strong he must be to recover this quickly.
[snapback]142280[/snapback]​

That is awsome. Im going to call the hospital soon and talk to him.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I just got home from visiting Fred. He is looking quite good given the circumstances and is in good spirits. We hung out and just talked about good times at past events and the crazy drunken nights. He seemed to have a little difficulty talking quickly due to shortness of breath and has several broken ribs from the surgery (they were broken to get in and stop internal bleeding). Aside from that he looks great and didn't mention being in any enormous amount of pain. He still has his sense of humor, when I asked how he felt he replied "like I have been shot dude". He is eating solid foods and can walk with the aid of a nurse and looks like he will be making a very quick recovery. He should have internet access shortly from his hospital room so hopefully he will stop in here and say hello. Also, for anyone wondering what it feels like to be shot, he said it burns.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info