3800 What do you think of the WBS modified Rails?

tonys99gtp

Regular
May 19, 2008
Carpentersville
Real Name
Tony
Originally posted by syP@Oct 9 2006, 10:41 PM
Some people like them, some dont..

i am gettin an intercooler within the next 2 paychecks... how do you feel about the WBS custom fuel rails?

i just cannot justify spending $300-400 on rails :(

what do you think?
[snapback]141999[/snapback]​

Syp, I bought some extended rails from Jet awhile ago I havent gotten around to using them they are the modified stockers. If I am not mistaken they were done at zzp. They dont have the fpr. They yours if you want them. Tony

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 10 2006, 06:39 AM
i think you have to wait till the rails actuly come out to compare, they should be nice.
[snapback]142056[/snapback]​

ORLY?? Cause thats not what syP said you said what he said or something like that.

Heres a quote just in case it gets edited.

Bob told me not to buy your rails (sinr247)

how about just injector spacers from ZZP??? i assume since no one said anything about them yet, that they will not work with the WBS intercooler?

Whos lyin??

Also, FWIW, I thought you would have known by now you get what you pay for in this damn community. Chopped rails, or quality PRJs. If you cant afford them, you dont need the IC. But I thought you were selling your car?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
if he was looking to get rails today 10-10 -06, WBS is not an option, me and syp talked about wasting 400+ dollars on fuel rails ....thats a complete waste unless you need 1/2 feed which most dont. i have discussed with the makers of the rails and changed my mind after hearing a few problems that stopped them and how they are going to be done correctly from a differnt appproch. i am actully very intrested in them... now.....which is why we might run them on ravens.......
spacers are for the SSIC i belive and the Intense ones dont work with some other ICs ive heard.
chopped rails are fine...most just dont trust it(even tho vendors have been doing it in there shops for a while....ie zzp, and i think thrasher did before there rails came out

but as long as fish is keeping tabs on the he said, she said stuff life can now continue :p

and ill give it up to WBS for making a better option then then blowing 400 on a cosmetic item(my opinion,cut rails work just fine,so it would be for looks)\

and quality per $ is somthing none of us can make an opinion on cause no one has had a in hand comparisson(of finished product).
its up to syp, and rather then asking us that just form opinions on these boards

CALL THE VENDORS AND TALK TO THEM, i see some even replyed to that clubgp post
if syp is going all out WBS, stay with them, he obviously likes there product and is not changing his mind about it. plus if anything goes wrong only 1 vendor to talk to about the whole setup-less hassle

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Bob, you don't owe anyone an explanation. I realize "don't go with this fuel rail" can mean a million things other than "it's junk" however that's what people want to pull out of it because it's dramatic. I didn't question it so don't feel that you owe anyone an explanation.

I was admitedly curious as to why you said that however.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
IF the WBS rails end up looking like the ones Ron made for himself, I'd say they're worth it. The simple fact that you can remove the blower without the rails coming off makes that worth it. Rails not going over the blower also cleans up the engine bay alot IMO.

There's a possibility that not having the lines directly over the blower could keep the fuel cooler as well. My only concern with the rails like Ron's would be the angles of the stock lines going into and out of the rails. Moving those lines at all from the stock locations risks kinking them, but that's really an issue with ALL aftermarket rails/logs, so that's not unique to the WBS design.

MT

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Kyle@Oct 10 2006, 09:06 PM
when are those gonna be out?
[snapback]142214[/snapback]​
First sets shipped tonight. There is already a sizeable BO, so we're digging in and are going to keep kicking out sets as quickly as possible. Kinda blows for me, because the sets we're making now are nicer than the job I did on my own car.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Oct 12 2006, 05:34 PM
If I was to put in my order now, can anyone tell me about how long the wait may be. Will WBS be taking cut up rails as core return? There is a lot of good useable parts still on there.
[snapback]142396[/snapback]​
Can't use cut-up rails. I need them intact because I need to use a lot of what's there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info