3800 so whats the difference?

• Thread starter imported_1fastGTP
  • Start date
I

imported_1fastGTP

well ive been saving for awhile! and its time for the intercooler setup.

theres WBS intercooler and zzp's

whats the difference in hp between the stage 2 and 3 of zzp's? and what size is the wbs's compared to zzp's s2 and s3? the reason is i decided just to go all out and i just want the most out of it. theres a pretty big price range between the 2 as well. along with shipping arrival. if anyone has input on this let me know thanks.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Shawn, The difference between the Stage II ZZP intercooler and the Stage III ZZP intercooler is that the Stage III uses a plastic lower plate to further isolate the core from heat transfer from the engine.

Our intercooler is the equivilent to the stage II. So far we've found the cores to perform identically to the Stage II which is exactly what we expected.

As for the entire kits, your best bet is to carefully read each vendor's website, consider the items included with each kit, and consider what your needs are for the setup.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 9 2006, 12:13 AM
Shawn, The difference between the Stage II ZZP intercooler and the Stage III ZZP intercooler is that the Stage III uses a plastic lower plate to further isolate the core from heat transfer from the engine.

Our intercooler is the equivilent to the stage II.  So far we've found the cores to perform identically to the Stage II which is exactly what we expected.

As for the entire kits, your best bet is to carefully read each vendor's website, consider the items included with each kit, and consider what your needs are for the setup.
[snapback]141905[/snapback]​

whats the hp dofference between the stage 2 and 3? the kit from zzp is throwen me the stage 3 with machined intake a 2.55 pulley and flow matched injectors for 1900 shipped. ill be giving you a call on whats going on with your setup hopefully today.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've run a WBS IC with a 2.55 pulley on a car that has the exact same set-up as you do with no KR, so the perfomance is the same.

There really isn't a "HP" difference in IC's, they don't make HP, they allow a more aggressive set-up w/o KR.

The ZZP Stg 3 will work a bit better by isolating the heat transfer to your blower, so it will allow a little further pushing. Although with a 2.55 pulley, you can't go any smaller than that.

Like I said on the phone, they both work well just do whatever you can get the best deal on new or used.

I just installed another WBS IC this weekend:
upload_452a4e5e210d9.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info