3800 doooood

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
so its raining and raining and raining... look out my window, street is flooded over, and up a quarter of my driveway, over the sidewalk!!!

lounging around, and ding ding ding goes my doorbell

standing at the door is a couple of dudes soaking wet... they tried to drive their scion tc and 350z thru water that was over their headlights.... floors wet, etc etc...

cars no workie no more!

:eek:

can you say hydro-lock?

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea my friend calls me at like 11 pm, and she says i ran into a giant puddle my car died and i have a few inches of water in my car. i think to myself thats one hell of a puddle! normally if your car dies because water gets into your filter do you keep it running if it starts? or do you let it wait out and dry? cuz ive heard both and wanted to know which was right.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I slept through it all. I did get a chance to watch the hail play a drum solo on my roof (had a bunch of crap in the garage, couldn't pull it in). We had about 10 inches of water in our basement at work, about a grand worth of shit ruined, but not MY grand.
CJ

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 3 2006, 09:23 AM
well here in BFE we didnt get much rain.... so....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! but i didnt have power all last night and this morning.
[snapback]141440[/snapback]​
X2, I was late for work today but it was all good. My power outage excuse was not fake this time :lolsign:

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Oct 3 2006, 06:02 AM
yea my friend calls me at like 11 pm, and she says i ran into a giant puddle my car died and i have a few inches of water in my car.  i think to myself thats one hell of a puddle!  normally if your car dies because water gets into your filter do you keep it running if it starts? or do you let it wait out and dry? cuz ive heard both and wanted to know which was right.
[snapback]141431[/snapback]​
Well if the engine is hydrolocked then try to pull the plugs and crank over the car. Water should come shooting out. Install some new plugs dry out the electronics and see if it wil start. White smoke will come pouring out, just keep it running. Change the oil and maybe trans fluid. Thats what we did to my friends dakota when we got stuck in a creek and hydrolocked it. Dry out the carpet really good before it starts to get moldy.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
wellllll a GP was hydrolocked...

Al's brother Joe, 93 GP 3.4 DOHC, yeah it's fucked

it takes less than half a cup of water to hydrolock an engine...about 2 cups worth drained out of the intake when i opened the TB blade...

it's REALLLY fucked for some reason all three pistons on the front bank are at the bottom...and the oil is almost a gallon overfull (i dont wanna know how much water is under the oil....

we know he was purposly driving through puddles...he wont own up to it...but Al knows Joe did it

what really sucked is i slipped and fell in a small swamp...destroyed a perfectly good day....and my wallet <_<

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My friend drove through some water in his 01 Camaro SS. The car died and it doesent start anymore, a few friends pushed it out of the water. He also hydrolocked the motor. The oil is 3/4's up the dipstick meaning there is alot of water in the engine. He is waiting to see what insurance is going todo for him. Hopefully insurance will total his car or atleast buy him a new motor.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by 2000gpgt+Oct 3 2006, 07:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP
@Oct 3 2006, 06:02 AM
yea my friend calls me at like 11 pm, and she says i ran into a giant puddle my car died and i have a few inches of water in my car.  i think to myself thats one hell of a puddle!  normally if your car dies because water gets into your filter do you keep it running if it starts? or do you let it wait out and dry? cuz ive heard both and wanted to know which was right.
[snapback]141431[/snapback]​
Well if the engine is hydrolocked then try to pull the plugs and crank over the car. Water should come shooting out. Install some new plugs dry out the electronics and see if it wil start. White smoke will come pouring out, just keep it running. Change the oil and maybe trans fluid. Thats what we did to my friends dakota when we got stuck in a creek and hydrolocked it. Dry out the carpet really good before it starts to get moldy.
[snapback]141480[/snapback]​
[/b]

if the motor is hydrolocked, yer screwed... parts will be bent/broken....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info