3800 Used Rear Bumper Cover GTP/GT

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I have a rear bumper cover off of my 99 GTP. The car got slightly rear-ended in bumper to bumper traffic. I originally thought it was cracked, but it ended up just being the paint. I ended up buying a new cover when the car was in the body shop because the labor to strip them costed the same as new cover.

Anyway, this need to be stripped before repainting. (Easy to do with some elbow grease and some automotive paint stripper.)

I'll entertain offers as I just need to get these outta the house.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by TommyGloves@Oct 2 2006, 09:40 AM
I have a rear bumper cover off of my 99 GTP. The car got slightly rear-ended in bumper to bumper traffic. I originally thought it was cracked, but it ended up just being the paint. I ended up buying a new cover when the car was in the body shop because the labor to strip them costed the same as new cover. 

Anyway, this need to be stripped before repainting. (Easy to do with some elbow grease and some automotive paint stripper.)

[snapback]141318[/snapback]​
How badly is the paint cracked and is there any dents in it? Do you have any pics of the damage?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Originally posted by 2000gpgt+Oct 2 2006, 04:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TommyGloves
@Oct 2 2006, 09:40 AM

[snapback]141318[/snapback]​
How badly is the paint cracked and is there any dents in it? Do you have any pics of the damage?
[snapback]141358[/snapback]​
[/b]

No dents...just cracked paint (as pictured in pic 4) along the bottom lip of the license plate opening.

bumper1.gif

bumper2.gif

bumper3.gif

bumper4.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• TommyGloves
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list