3800 Guy talks shit about Impala SS *Funny*

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
MY friend sent me a link to this site. I like the 94-96 Imapla SS, its quite the gangster car, I also believe it runs faster than the times this guy posted. The website is very funny and oviously made by a bunch of newbs they measure performance by 0-60 and use the word "NOS" constantly.

http://impaladude.tripod.com/

On the website the author posts 0-60 times of a bunch of cars probably all mag times. Again who the hell measures a cars performance 0-60. Look at some of these times.

Acura Integra GS-R 6.6
Toyota Matrix GT 7.2
Nissan Sentra 7.2
Chevy Monte Carlo SS 7.3 - n/a 3800 faster than GTP?
Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 7.4 - The GTP gets to 60 almost a second faster than that.

He writes that 99% of the cars listed with "smoke a impala SS"

"So for all of those SS owners with no life
that spend their entire life's savings moding a 8 year old car just
to match a STOCK Acura Integra GSR or Mustang GT , this
site is for you. In fact most of those that mod their SS use NOS
because it is the only real way to get real horsepower out of
these things. I personally cannot stand NOS. It is like cheating
for those that cannot make their car faster using all motor. But
it's cheap so I suppose it fits their bill."

I dont think this guy knows the pontental of the LT1...

"I now drive a 99 Mustang GT. A true Muscle car. Got tired of the GM thing.
Besides, the only way to get a Impala SS to run fast
is to use NOS which is for the poor and weak.
Funny how I now look for SS's to kill. They are too easy though
for this car. Maybe I should pull 3 plugs. Even things out."

The author thinks is 99 Mustang GT is a muscle car.. wow

"UPDATE: Well the Mustang was stolen. So looking for a Supra Twin Turbo. $3000.00 in mods and POW,a
10 second reliable sports car. "

$3,000 in mods to run 10's in a Supra? I dont think so.

I wish I could make my own comments on this site but I cant.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
You have nothing better to do than tool around the internet arguing with people who drive Impala's? Go outside man pick up a baseball football a girl..something

Dude, WTF. My friend sent me this link because it was funny. I posted on here so maybe some people on this site would be entertained by reading this.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I kind of agree with the website. The car is extremely overhyped and was a miserable failure sales wise. The interior is cheesy at best and the build quality is... well it's mid-90's GM.

That said, It's probably at the top of my list for cars I would like to own. One day when money is coming out of my ears I'll have a pristine 1991 SHO Plus and a 1996 Impala SS with the floor console.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I kind of agree with the website. The car is extremely overhyped and was a miserable failure sales wise. The interior is cheesy at best and the build quality is... well it's mid-90's GM.

That said, It's probably at the top of my list for cars I would like to own. One day when money is coming out of my ears I'll have a pristine 1991 SHO Plus and a 1996 Impala SS with the floor console.

really... I always thought the Impala SS sold well. I mean ive seen 96's with good miles selling for $15,000 easy, I guess there is a demand for them now but not when GM was making them.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Oct 1 2006, 06:29 PM

really... I always thought the Impala SS sold well. I mean ive seen 96's with good miles selling for $15,000 easy, I guess there is a demand for them now but not when GM was making them.
[snapback]141262[/snapback]​

Just like the Mercury Marauders..

I

imported_Theautoguy

I almost bought a 96' back in 99' when I had my first Lightning but they weren't willing to work with me on the trade in. I really like the B-body Impala's and there are a few around here that would destroy a lot of Fox and F-Bodies!

I like my Regal a lot but I certianly would think twice on an opportunity to pick up a clean 96' Impala.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
my dad bought one new in 96, floor console, maroon red and it was an awesome car... slow compared to ours stock but still a bad@ss ride

problem was, it fell apart at like 80k... GM just put a bunch of upgraded parts on a caprice and when they wore out... POOF car was dead and i mean tranny/suspension/brakes.. the major stuff

still i wish i could have gotten his, but without the problems lol

smknL67

Regular
Aug 7, 2007
Bensenville
That dude dont know shit about Impala's...I've destroyed just about everything in my path with my SS.. I have minor mods and It should be a 13 second car and thats with stock cam and gears. Now once I do the cam swap with a LT4 hotcam with some 3.73 gears I'll be really flying in this big ass boat....Its actually nice to have a heavy car thats underestimated...Who would of though a car this big could hit mid 13's with bold ons n/a?

BTW I paid $12,800 out the door

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I had checked them out when new. Was looking to replace my Shelby Charger. And like Mike said the interior was just horrible. Turned me off from the whole car.
Had the interior been anything at all I'd probably still have one. Just got rid of the Shelby Charger 2 years ago this November.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info