3800 more work done on the 442...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
we finished replumbing the brake lines, the two proportioning valves were reduced to one now by the master cylinder with a T block and another in the rear, this has improved the brake pedal (fluid flows through 1 line instead of 2) but it looks like we will have to get the larger bore covette master cylinder because of the massive rear calipers, she still locks em up but the pedal is too close to the floor...
we also got rid of a couple old lines, the one brake line nolonger used and the 1/4 evap line which isnt used with the fuel cell
proportioningvalveandT.jpg

we finally painted the rear calipers and fronts all black and i spent some serious time cleaning the rims (look at the backside!)
cleaneduprimsandpaintedcalipers.jpg

and the painted covers in Hairy Hurst Olds colors (we gotta finish the front cover)...but it is handy having two oil fills...lol
btw ya like the temporary throttle rope? :lol:
HHOpaintedcovers.jpg

taa daa! we also mounted a blue neon light in there real close to the trunk springs
HHOcoloredVC.jpg

I finished the wiring, 6 switches control the aeromotive fuel pump, trans circulation pump, rear cooling fan, rear pcm power, lights, and the rear starter (pushbutton). now we are working on the rear throttle cable and the aluminum 3 piece top firewall cover :D

I love this car :D B)

BTW Snr i can give ya the oil cap, but we gotta get the other SI cap from Al's garage...we kinda forgot it but we had the two SII caps so i used em...
give me a call at my home # tomarrow and i'll see if i can get Al to grab one off of the 442 fer ya...or maybe you can just come and check it out (my garage in hanover park of Al's apartment just off of roselle and 90)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
just a little update...

L67 on an L36 shortblock with a crapload of 3800 oiling and cooling improvements
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...67LIMandVC2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...G3M90blower.jpg
here you can take a peak to see what i am planning with the oiling system and drilling through the cam bearing shell to increase flow to the mains and rods
98L36bottomend2.jpg

it'll be controlled by the 01 GPGT harness and PCm in the front of the 442 with the built 4t60e thats already in there, the 3100 and 94 cutty harness will go into the 93 GP for his winter driver...

i got some nifty pics fer ya...

we finished the rear firewall panels, thermally insulated, and fully comply with NHRA/IHRA specs for engine firewalls we still have to work on the latch/holdowns for the main access door/center panel
these are the last firewall we will be building, this was very labor intensive to have them turn out this perfect
check em out, the front wall just needs a bit more grinding and fabric covered over it, then onto the center console/main electrical center
442firewall06insideview1.jpg

dont mind the bag over the K&N, just to keep it clean
442firewall06engineview1.jpg

442firewall06engineview2.jpg

gotta get a 36 inch neon for the rear compartment, we broke the other one, this light needs to go in front of the intake to reflect off of the thermal barrier mylar

we need to focus on getting the 3100 in the 93 GP and parts for the L36/67 going in the front of the 442

hello 7.6L aka, 462ci :cool:

Nov06442pic1.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
In the very last picture you would never know all the shit that went into that car. Nice
[/b]
thanks...the main reason we want to keep it a sleeper, it's gonna be alot harder to impersonate a stock cutty, once the rest of the 10 pt rollcage is in

So how fast is this car projected to be and how much does it weight?
[/b]
the best we've managed so far is a 13.81 at 98.21 with consistent 1.90 60 foot times on a hot humid day (UMM3 at US41) that was launching at just over 30% throttle since any more would cause the fronts to break loose, but it also hindered the rear 3800 since it wasnt loaded at the line WOT we were also having issues with that version (one of many :rolleyes: ) of throttle cable where neither engine was able to hit WOT
if you look at the video you can clearly see how much the rear engine unloads the front tires at the launch

recently we went for a ride where i was controlling the rear throttle (with a rope) and it sure launched alot harder with the rear at WOT and the front at 30% off the line (it was damn near scary)...i have since aquired a toyota headlight door motor that i will be using to make a WOT/idle actuator, indicator lights and switch for track duty, while the rear throttle cable (newest setup is tits) is used while on the street (since it's progressive in relation to the front throttle) I wouldnt doubt that we could hit a 13.7 flat if we could launch it rear WOT, with the current 3800/3100

we ran it acrost the scales at byron in the same trim and weighed 4330lbs with Al in it (2135lbs F/2195lbs R)
so at the least we have nearly 50/50 weight distribution

when we finally have two 300Hp 3800's in er we will be looking forward to mid 11 second times
Al has always wanted two 500Hp engine's which should be good for a "Hairy" high 9sec pass :eek:
but we'll see....one things fer sure... Al's more insane than the 442...

we would love to see what the 442 could do on a roadcourse...might prove more fun than the dragstrip :ph34r:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info