May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by ClubGPGTT@Sep 23 2006, 02:42 AM
full exhaust
pcm
cam
4.0 gear
[snapback]140416[/snapback]​

i take it you dont know much about the mustangs?

Chad...

depending if you take the highway alot.... get a 3.73 gear swap.... but if you dont care about gas, go with a 4.10 gear.

X-pipe and a full catback...

you should be near low 13's if you can drive it.

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by syP+Sep 23 2006, 10:08 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ClubGPGTT
@Sep 23 2006, 02:42 AM
full exhaust
pcm
cam
4.0 gear
[snapback]140416[/snapback]​

i take it you dont know much about the mustangs?

Chad...

depending if you take the highway alot.... get a 3.73 gear swap.... but if you dont care about gas, go with a 4.10 gear.

X-pipe and a full catback...

you should be near low 13's if you can drive it.
[snapback]140428[/snapback]​
[/b]

isn't 4.10 gear more for track or am I having a brain fart, if it is a dd go 3.73 .. where is Joe at you could talk to him he can probably give you some more info.. and not until way down the line but those C4 trans are really nice..

I

imported_GraFFix

Intake - I would spend the extra cash on a decent one. the cheapies off ebay are exactly that. cheap! Look into a powerpipe, Not sure if they make them for the newer mustangs yet but if they do thats probably your best bet.

Chip - personal preference.

Exhaust - Personal preference. I have a few links for websites with sound clips of every type of exhaust for mustangs, pm me if you want them.

3.73 gears for a dd - 4.10's if you dont do alot of highway driving and dont mind putting a little more gas in the car. it will pick up the bottom end a whole bunch though. Alot of mustang owners actually like the 4.10's for a daily. I cant compair cause i run 3.55's cause of my blower.

After that there is either...
blower or turbo
cam
heads
upper/lower intake
throttle body

Just wait till you go looking for aftermarket, your head will spin. tons of sites. Head over to corral.net its the only forum youll need.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by GraFFix@Sep 23 2006, 02:34 PM
Intake - I would spend the extra cash on a decent one. the cheapies off ebay are exactly that. cheap! Look into a powerpipe, Not sure if they make them for the newer mustangs yet but if they do thats probably your best bet.

Chip - personal preference.

Exhaust - Personal preference. I have a few links for websites with sound clips of every type of exhaust for mustangs, pm me if you want them.

3.73 gears for a dd  - 4.10's if you dont do alot of highway driving and dont mind putting a little more gas in the car. it will pick up the bottom end a whole bunch though. Alot of mustang owners actually like the 4.10's for a daily. I cant compair cause i run 3.55's cause of my blower.

After that there is either...
blower or turbo
cam
heads
upper/lower intake
throttle body

Just wait till you go looking for aftermarket, your head will spin. tons of sites. Head over to corral.net its the only forum youll need.
[snapback]140468[/snapback]​

I was thinking Cams' and Kenny bell amnd 3.73 gear

S

splytsecond

- Intake: JLT seems to be one of the best. look them up on yahoo or google
- Exhaust: Flowmaster for a classic sound - Magnaflow for a little different note
- Gear: 3.90 FTW, nice mixture of a 3.73 and a 4.10
- Cam: VT Blower Cams are nice but in very high demand
- Boost: KB Blower is sexy but i think HAHN a local shop is doing a single kit for the new 'stangs.
- Tuner: Most GOOD tuners i've heard of around here use SCT chips.
- Suspsension: Power is NO GOOD if you can't get it down. do some research.

www.corral.net
www.modulardepot.com
www.modularpowerhouse.com

2rgdkbr.gif
2rgdkbr.gif
2rgdkbr.gif
2rgdkbr.gif

My old boss has a GT. He was looking at just getting an intake. From what he learned, the stock intake is so poorly made, the pcm has to be reprogrammed just for an intake :blink: He has an '05 so I don't know what they've done since then.

I'm assuming the stock pcm is pretty weak, your best bet is to probably get a tuner before any major mods. As I'm sure you know, pcm reprogamming is priceless for additional power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info