3800 Updated Scan

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=2882

I think i may know how to decrease some of that KR, but I still cannot figure out the PE_RPM_vs_Time_A/F. I'm having a hard time understanding that concept for some reason. I think its time for me to dig in now.

On the scan please take a lool at row #s 5240-5256. All the way at the end. Does it seem like I may need to add some fuel there? The weid thing is once I get to the highest peak of 2nd gear the KR goes down along with the O2s. Can anyone throw me some options as well trying to explain PE_RPM_vs_Time_A/F. I have a feeling its much easier to understand on Scan Depot

Mike

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by xierxior@Sep 20 2006, 11:03 AM
uhm, why is your TP only going up to 33% or so when you're WOT? it should read 99.5/100%
and you'd get alot more help if you posted this on gmv6pcm.com :p
[snapback]140059[/snapback]​

Dude, I'm not exactly sure what you are looking at but its says TP% = 99.2-99.6. Not to be a dick but most of those people on that forum beat around the bush to much. I never get a straight answer.

I'll give it a shot

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by MIKES3+Sep 20 2006, 11:36 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Sep 20 2006, 11:03 AM
uhm, why is your TP only going up to 33% or so when you're WOT? it should read 99.5/100%
and you'd get alot more help if you posted this on gmv6pcm.com :p
[snapback]140059[/snapback]​

Dude, I'm not exactly sure what you are looking at but its says TP% = 99.2-99.6. Not to be a dick but most of those people on that forum beat around the bush to much. I never get a straight answer.

I'll give it a shot
[snapback]140067[/snapback]​
[/b]
yeah that site is frustrating. i think the arcades will some soon take over, and people will forget it has anything to do with PCMs. im not seeing this 33% either

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
jesus...5* of kr on 12 lbs of boost

You're commanding WAY too much timing, and I wouldn't be surprised if the IC is really not adequately doing its job.

Crank that timing down several degrees, it's too high.

I don't see any reason you should need to play with PE vs Time modifiers...I guess you could add a bit more fuel in the upper RPM ranges, but there's still something amiss there, and adding fuel is just covering the problem rather than fixing it.

MT

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I tried to edit my above post, because it reads wrong....

When I say the IC is possibly not doing its job, I mean that there might be something wrong or messed up in the system. I had VERY similar scans when I had a kinked intercooler line, so it might be wise to drain the system and give it a blow-through test, just to see that there's no obstructions or kinks in the line. Also, make sure that the pump is actually moving coolant.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by FastGS88@Sep 20 2006, 06:03 PM
jesus...5* of kr on 12 lbs of boost

You're commanding WAY too much timing, and I wouldn't be surprised if the IC is really not adequately doing its job.

Crank that timing down several degrees, it's too high.

I don't see any reason you should need to play with PE vs Time modifiers...I guess you could add a bit more fuel in the upper RPM ranges, but there's still something amiss there, and adding fuel is just covering the problem rather than fixing it.

MT
[snapback]140120[/snapback]​

MT, With the 5* of knock I am running stock timing which is 20.5* And please do not take anything I type as me questioning your knowledge. I know your intelligent when it comes down to this. You have a bad ass car to prove it. Anyways, Should I lower my timing from stock? I wasnt sure if you were aware of the stock timing on our cars

Mike

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 22 2006, 02:15 AM
Mike, check your trans mount. I've heard about a few that have broken lately. If yours has any play, you'll be banging your 02 sensor against the PS rack lines, it's a real tight fit.
[snapback]140281[/snapback]​

I have the poly mount trans. Actually you installed it, but I just was under there last week Saturday cleaning my K&N filter. All was fine with that mount and also have poly upper motor mounts. That engine / trans shouldn't mobe at all. I know when I try and roll it in park it doenst move

Ron, Check you PMs. I wanted to see if you wanted to install a different heat exchanger I got from Mike.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I can't see this being false knock related. He gets ZERO knock on throttle tip-in, which is the most likely place for contact related false knock to occur.

Mike, you're saying the 04 cars run 20.5* timing at WOT stock??
Regardless, I'd recommend turning that down. 17-18* is enough to make good power on a street car, and run safely. Turn it back up to 20ish when you're on race gas.

I'm still banking on some sort of intercooler flow related problem here though. My scans looked almost identical when I had low-flow from the kinked line.

Please check the flow in the system. Pop off a line at a high point, and start the pump. If it makes a huge mess, you're in good shape. If it's little more than a trickle....bad. It's fairly easy to get a quart container and pump the system into it while watching a clock, you'll get a decent idea of gpm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info