3800 What should i do

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Well what should i do.....I been doing some thinking And i was deciding on trading my GTP in on a vette for myself and not share with my dad..Do i trade my GTP in on a vette or do the following mods to my gtp

1.XPZ CAM with (3/8" PushRod's)
2.Full IC
3.Machined Head's from OutLaw MotorSports
4.Full tranny with 3.29 Gears(soon)
5.Double Roller Timing chain
6.Sell my S&S headders and buy some TOG'S
7. 130# Valve Springs

Let me know

I

imported_1fastGTP

well why did you throw money into s&s if you want togs? why did you buy an xp cam if your deciding to go with heads and a bigger cam? its just things you should think about you cant just keep changen your mind thats where you loose money. kyles done that and with all the money he spent doing that he couldve been faster.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Sep 16 2006, 07:34 AM
Stop dumping money into the GTP and put it into the vette or save it for a house or another type of investment.

A few tiny little mods and you can turn that vett pretty wild pretty fast.
[snapback]139643[/snapback]​

It's his dads vette, he can't mod it. Just drive it.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Stop dumping money into the GTP and put it into the vette or save it for a house or another type of investment.

A few tiny little mods and you can turn that vett pretty wild pretty fast.

Royal has a good point there. Soon you will want to move out of your parents house you need money. My dad doesent really want me moding my car too much because of the same reason. He told me he did the same thing as me when he was a kid, pretty much dumped all his money into his car. But in the end, he had a fast car, but that was pretty much it, he couldnt sell it for anymore than a stock car was worth. He wishes he would have saved that money.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@Sep 17 2006, 03:39 AM
Well my GTP is paid off
[snapback]139714[/snapback]​
it doesn't matter weather or not it is paid off. If you get the vette, not only will you lose money that you have put in it for the car and mods (even if you demod). You will also be making payments again on a car you can't drive year round. Keep the GP, and take the 500 a month you would be paying on the vette and put it away. You would have 12 grand in two years and that is a hell of a nice down payment on a house, which you will most likely MAKE money on when you get rid of it.

Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Sep 17 2006, 09:40 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-REDHOTT04GTP
@Sep 17 2006, 03:39 AM
Well my GTP is paid off
[snapback]139714[/snapback]​
it doesn't matter weather or not it is paid off. If you get the vette, not only will you lose money that you have put in it for the car and mods (even if you demod). You will also be making payments again on a car you can't drive year round. Keep the GP, and take the 500 a month you would be paying on the vette and put it away. You would have 12 grand in two years and that is a hell of a nice down payment on a house, which you will most likely MAKE money on when you get rid of it.
[snapback]139724[/snapback]​
[/b]

yeah dude id buy a house if your in the market to rent or buy a home let me know me and my dad flip houses and buy hud homes fix em and resell them bro save your money invest in something you will make more money or multypli your money thats my .02 .................

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Sep 17 2006, 09:46 AM
get yourself an IC and be done with it..... if you keep going, your car will not be reliable enough to drive for daily purposes.... a vette is NOT a daily driver kind of car so why the hell would you get one as your only car.  If you have this much free money sitting around move out...
[snapback]139725[/snapback]​
well i dont agree with getting a vette(especily for chad). making a low 12 sec GP realiable and streetable i think would be alot harder to drive. most cars GM designs are pretty streetable stock or lightly mod"d. fully built GPs start to become a little bit of challenge keeping them realiable everyday.
getting another car besides the GP would be your best bet. somthing not ugly,unmodified, and reliable. keep the grand prix for the track. at this point
just think of the monet loss from demodding. i can see around 1k in misc to get it back to bone stock. so would a grand be better to spend to get somthing you already have back to stock(no gain) or would buying an ic and paying someone to to do the whole install and all the tuning be a better way?(powergains)

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i hate to tell you, but you cant decide to 'not' share the vette with your dad now, you are a co-signer so its too late. why buy a slower ls1 car, and get rid of the gtp? the vettes are nice, dont get me wrong i would like to have one, but you have access to drive one if you get the urge, and you have a quick car already. a z06 would be a different story power wise, but i still say keep your PAID OFF car, and use it for a street/strip car and just buy a cheap dd to drive this winter.

which brings me to my next point, its not my place to get into your personal life, but i just read a post saying you dont have a job? wtf? you cant possibly be thinking of spending 15-25k on a car without having a SOLID income. regardless how much money you have in the bank ect...

finally, keep the gtp, keep the xp cam for now. you can make plenty of power with that cam. im sure you can take it to mid 11's/350whp. only reason i saw this, is before i know you arent doing the work yourself, and it will cost a good amount of money to change. think of it this way:
heads: not sure on money, 1500-4k?
trans: 3-4k?
ic: 1k

should put you close to 11's i would guess. with the right tuning, and weight reduction/supporting mods im sure mid 11's could be achieved.

so instead of loosing 6-10k on demodding/sellin the gtp, and spending 15k+, you can spend around 6-8 and be done with it, and have a reliable street car that will tear up most cars you'll come into contact with on the street. plus you will save your ass on insurance rates as well. just my .02

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Sep 17 2006, 04:59 PM
i hate to tell you, but you cant decide to 'not' share the vette with your dad now, you are a co-signer so its too late.  why buy a slower ls1 car, and get rid of the gtp?  the vettes are nice, dont get me wrong i would like to have one, but you have access to drive one if you get the urge, and you have a quick car already.  a z06 would be a different story power wise,  but i still say keep your PAID OFF car, and use it for a street/strip car and just buy a cheap dd to drive this winter. 

which brings me to my next point, its not my place to get into your personal life, but i just read a post saying you dont have a job?  wtf? you cant possibly be thinking of spending 15-25k on a car without having a SOLID income.  regardless how much money you have in the bank ect...

finally, keep the gtp, keep the xp cam for now.  you can make plenty of power with that cam.  im sure you can take it to mid 11's/350whp.  only reason i saw this, is before i know you arent doing the work yourself, and it will cost a good amount of money to change.  think of it this way:
heads: not sure on money, 1500-4k?
trans: 3-4k?
ic: 1k

should put you close to 11's i would guess.  with the right tuning, and weight reduction/supporting mods im sure mid 11's could be achieved. 

so instead of loosing 6-10k on demodding/sellin the gtp, and spending 15k+, you can spend around 6-8 and be done with it, and have a reliable street car that will tear up most cars you'll come into contact with on the street.  plus you will save your ass on insurance rates as well.  just my .02
[snapback]139767[/snapback]​

Reason y i have my cars paid off is because i busted my ass when i worked working 110hr every 2 weeks and paying 2 car payments at a time and saving my money i paid my GTP off in almost 2yrs and i started putting money up for a "Rainy" day and thats what i been using from money and i go fo a 2nd interview tuesday to see if i got this applied for making 55-60k a year

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info