3800 Exhaust decision

K

ky04gt2

Thanks for all of the help on the mods , it gave me a lot of ideas. I decided to go with a full exhaust first. I was thinking about a custom exhaust , from the local muffler shop, with 2.5" piping, and either flowmaster mufflers or magnaflow. I am looking for a deep sound out of it not to loud but still noticeable. Also has any one ever tryed the pacesetter headers on a n/a car like mine? And if i get an updated pcu from the wbody store do i send you mine or do they send me a new one and give me the money on the core when i send mine back? One more qeustion since i am new to the gp tuning world, I seen a shift kit on one of the websites, is it pretty harsh like catching second or is it even worth getting? Im looking to make my 04gt2 streetable , but still with a few more horses than stock,and wish it shifted a little harder.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
FYI catbacks wont help much($ per pony) and will have a huge torque loss with those pasce setters. i think go with the headers and delete your u-bend.
mufflers for sound only, id leave the stock res and y alone. youd save some money on wasted stuff, when you cna get rockers or a cam for the saved money and people wont see it coming....
im sure fish would agree with that

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Definatly dont waste money on a catback.

Headers with the downpipe, cat, and ubend should be all thats needed for the exhaust.

GT2 cam if you want to go with a high stall torque converter and gears. (Id go for it, but thats just me)

GT1 if you want the stock gears and TC setup.

Honestly, I play around with the pacesetter idea, but I dont know if Id recommend it. I myself would try it for the hell of it if I had money, but I dont recommend it.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by Xtant12@Sep 15 2006, 12:11 AM
Im all late about it... I say, well, they both are right.. It all depends on what set up you ;)  want to go with.. BUT, if your going to change your mufflers, GO MAGNAFLOW
[snapback]139414[/snapback]​

MAGNAFLOW sound ricey if u ask me if u want a tone sound get flowmaster's I got them on my gtp with 3in to the Y and then 2.5 with 2 40 series mufflers and mine sounds like a v8 at idle but ass when u step on the gas alot

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
1) MAGNAFLOW sound ricey if u ask me

WHAT, :blink: how much have you had to drink tonight.. I LOVE my rumble and I think That FLOWMASTERS are to much.. They sound so bad at WOT.. Mine dont..

ha..

2) but ass when u step on the gas alot

so true....

And SYP..

flowmasters <MaGnAfLoWs

what kind of exhaust do you have syp.. seriously I dont recall..

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by Xtant12@Sep 15 2006, 12:47 AM
1)  MAGNAFLOW sound ricey if u ask me

WHAT,  :blink: how much have you had to drink tonight.. I LOVE my rumble and I think That FLOWMASTERS are to much.. They sound so bad at WOT.. Mine dont..

ha.. 

2)  but ass when u step on the gas alot

so true....

And SYP..

flowmasters  <MaGnAfLoWs

what kind of exhaust do you have syp.. seriously I dont recall..
[snapback]139419[/snapback]​

Whos car actually sounds better Jason lol :lolsign: and flowmaster;sa re chamberd diff then magnaflows

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP+Sep 15 2006, 01:18 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Sep 15 2006, 01:01 AM
Magnaflow>slowmasters.
IMO, my Hooker Maxflows>slowmasters.

J/Os car sounds way better then Chads. Or maybe thats the TOGs that make the difference. :lolsign:
[snapback]139422[/snapback]​

I dont have TOG'S i got S&S :rolleyes:
[snapback]139428[/snapback]​
[/b]

I never said you did. JO has TOGs. Since Mike likes to bring up your S&Ss. I thought this would be a funny. Man your dense sometimes. :blink:

I have hooker maxflows nick.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by Fish+Sep 15 2006, 02:06 AM-->
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@Sep 15 2006, 01:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
Magnaflow>slowmasters.

J/Os car sounds way better then Chads. Or maybe thats the TOGs that make the difference. :lolsign:

I never said you did. JO has TOGs. Since Mike likes to bring up your S&Ss. I thought this would be a funny. Man your dense sometimes. :blink:

[snapback]139438[/snapback]​
[/b]

LOL how u figure im dense :blink: i wish i has TOG'S i bet id'e get a better performance gain ..but cant beat the deal i got on the S&S :D

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by Fish+Sep 15 2006, 02:06 AM-->
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@Sep 15 2006, 01:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
Magnaflow>slowmasters.

[snapback]139438[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks Brian, your car sounds NICE, but n/a and s/c cars sound a little different.. :(

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Sep 15 2006, 07:55 AM
wow, some of you guys are telling him to buy headers, cam, stall converter etc. Total waste of money I think on a GT, the guy could probably buy a GTP with all that money spent on that stuff.
[snapback]139460[/snapback]​

Im not even going to start. If its not one LS1 or GTP owner I have to argue with, its another.

Seriously, this is the problem lately. He ASKED WHAT WILL MAKE A GOOD PERFORMER. NOT BUY A NEW CAR.

And PLEASE show me these parts will not work. Please. Show me that nothing makes the N/A 3800 faster then its 16 second ET that every fucking magazine gives it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by xierxior@Sep 15 2006, 10:41 AM
gt's require to much money to make them fast you could save your self alot of money and time if you bought a gtp and could be going alot faster for alot less.
[snapback]139493[/snapback]​

HEY!!! RETARDS!!!! POST SOMETHING USEFULL!!! I dont think its THAT hard now do you?? Or must you prove yourselves time and time again useless??

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
im back in.. I like to think of a GT as a different class.. You start at stock levels and MOD and see what you can come uo with.. Not to many people have GT's that push higher ... People dont play around with them.. They can be fast, you just have to put in the time as with any car....

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Im not even going to start. If its not one LS1 or GTP owner I have to argue with, its another.

Seriously, this is the problem lately. He ASKED WHAT WILL MAKE A GOOD PERFORMER. NOT BUY A NEW CAR.

And PLEASE show me these parts will not work. Please. Show me that nothing makes the N/A 3800 faster then its 16 second ET that every fucking magazine gives it.

In the first post ky04gt2 states that he wants "a few more horses than stock", oviously meaning he wants his car togo faster. You tell him to go buy headers, downpipe, GT2 cam, a high stall converter and gears. :eek: Not only do all those mods cost alot of money but the average guy also wouldnt be able to install them in his garage. A professional or somone that knows what there doing would have to install them. This costs even more money. All that shit plus labor to install would probably cost 4-5K. Spending that much to run what? 14's.. is a waste of money in my book.

Bk4293

Regular
Aug 31, 2008
This topic is very interesting to me also as my GP is n/a also.
I would live to find an old stock dual exhaust as I only have a single pipe coming out of the rear, and I believe I can get my hands on a new rear valence. I've already started the modding with a K&N, and looking for a bit more to do.

P.S., Knocking 2 seconds off any car will get you bragging rights...Especially if your still N/A when all said and done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info