3800 Teacher needed...

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Read the forums AND try out changes on your own. The best way to learn is through experience. I dont know how many times I run into people who need tuning suggestions, and they cant remember what I suggest 5 minutes later. You need to know about the tables and what they mean to fully understand what people tell you. Do you understand the PE tables, IFR tables, MAF tables, what your fuel trims mean, VE tables, VE, A/F Ratio, etc? If you dont, then no matter how much someone shows you, you wont remember because you wont understand.

If you have a Powrtunr, there are detailed write-ups (60+ pages) about the different tables, different tuning methods, and more on the DHP Forum. If you bought a HPTuner, then that was your first mistake. If you have neither, then you arent tuning :p

Mike

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Sep 13 2006, 02:07 AM
Read the forums AND try out changes on your own.  The best way to learn is through experience.  I dont know how many times I run into people who need tuning suggestions, and they cant remember what I suggest 5 minutes later.  You need to know about the tables and what they mean to fully understand what people tell you.  Do you understand the PE tables, IFR tables, MAF tables, what your fuel trims mean, VE tables, VE, A/F Ratio, etc?  If you dont, then no matter how much someone shows you, you wont remember because you wont understand.

If you have a Powrtunr, there are detailed write-ups (60+ pages) about the different tables, different tuning methods, and more on the DHP Forum.  If you bought a HPTuner, then that was your first mistake.  If you have neither, then you arent tuning :p

Mike
[snapback]139045[/snapback]​

WHAT COLOR DO YOU WANT....... :p

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Sep 13 2006, 02:07 AM
Read the forums AND try out changes on your own.  The best way to learn is through experience.  I dont know how many times I run into people who need tuning suggestions, and they cant remember what I suggest 5 minutes later.  You need to know about the tables and what they mean to fully understand what people tell you.  Do you understand the PE tables, IFR tables, MAF tables, what your fuel trims mean, VE tables, VE, A/F Ratio, etc?  If you dont, then no matter how much someone shows you, you wont remember because you wont understand.

If you have a Powrtunr, there are detailed write-ups (60+ pages) about the different tables, different tuning methods, and more on the DHP Forum.  If you bought a HPTuner, then that was your first mistake.  If you have neither, then you arent tuning :p

Mike

what does this mean...

"If you bought a HPTuner, then that was your first mistake."

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Xtant12@Sep 13 2006, 02:12 AM
Do you understand the PE tables, IFR tables, MAF tables, what your fuel trims mean, VE tables, VE, A/F Ratio, etc?

dont even know where to find them
[snapback]139047[/snapback]​
it's the whole top portion of the tuning tips and aids section

never had any problem myself (though it's a bitch to get eric to do the reading i suggest) it's easy enough for me, but then i have a healthy background in this sort of stuff...

read, then maybe bring a case over and eric and I shall work with ya (we can waste gas together! yay! lol)

we are currently going through the spark tables and VE tunes in between...then i shall tackle the PE vs time stuff, and showing eric how to do that, he's starting to get a hang of the spark stuff...fwiw eric's reat with cars, but (he'll be the first to admit it) he dont know jack about electronics or pcm operation, and he's doing fine...though he watches me before he tries it...maybe thats what you need, but it's really not that hard...

hmmm
i think i'll take blue...i've always wondered what blue tastes like...woah, flashback...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Xtant12+Sep 13 2006, 02:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-98 TGP TOY
@Sep 13 2006, 02:07 AM
Read the forums AND try out changes on your own.  The best way to learn is through experience. ....

Mike
what does this mean...

[snapback]139050[/snapback]​
[/b]

lol, i think it's a statment. a true, but unrelated to you, statement

one of the reasons i got eric to get the Powrtuner, that and i like excell :lolsign:

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
what does this mean...

It means you are going to pay a ton of money, get close to zero actual support from anyone else with a HPTuner, and will have to pay to upgrade it everytime there is a new version (at least thats how it use to be). With the PTer you will pay a cheaper price, will have literally 100+ other members on the PTer board to assist you, you will have a forum with over 3,700 threads strictly about tuning that you can read and search through, and you will have free software upgrades for life. Not to mention that the PTer board has a several very long tuning guides made by the members of the board who have tried out different methods of tuning.

Do you understand the PE tables, IFR tables, MAF tables, what your fuel trims mean, VE tables, VE, A/F Ratio, etc?

dont even know where to find them

Then you need to learn where they are and what the do. If someone says, you can increase fuel in the MAF table, and you dont know where the table is or how to increase the fuel then you will have lots of trouble. The tables really arent that hard. All you need to do most of the time is understand their units. Which just involves looking at them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info