3800 do all the N/a intake manifolds bolt up

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by SINr247@Sep 12 2006, 07:50 PM
does a f-body 3800 UIM bolt to a w-body LIM
i know they are l36s but the f-bodys cant take advantage of the HVII insert so im wondering if they are slightly differnt
[snapback]138978[/snapback]​
no the L36 F body upper will not bolt to the L36 FWD lower, also the Fbody has round ports where the FWD's get square port entry's

when we get the turbo on the front of the 442 it looks like we will go the Fbody intake route, simplifie's the plumbing...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc+Sep 12 2006, 08:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Sep 12 2006, 07:50 PM
i know they are l36s but the f-bodys cant take advantage of the HVII insert so im wondering if they are slightly differnt
no the L36 F body upper will not bolt to the L36 FWD lower, also the Fbody has round ports where the FWD's get square port entry's

when we get the turbo on the front of the 442 it looks like we will go the Fbody intake route, simplifie's the plumbing...
[snapback]138980[/snapback]​
[/b]

X2. I myself like the F-body design better. Seems like more velocity. I know Wizbang has a F-body UIM and LIM. Waiting for results for future plans. :D

Also, I think I came across a post on camarov6 that someone made claiming they were getting F-body HVIIs made. That was quite awhile ago.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i would actually like to get a Holden ecotec U&LIM
from what i've seen of it the holden upper looks like it'll bolt to a Fbody LIM but it has the TB on the side going over the valve cover...
not to mention the prevalence of twin throttle body manifolds down there...

damn aussie's, they have some neat factory stuff down there...

on a side note.. do any of ya'll here browse the streetcommodores forum?
i'm also on a private holden forum, since the gentleman that started the SI/SII Hybrid project before me (though i've passed him, since he moved recently) also started the private forum and lets me keep the majority of my project info on his site.... (he doesnt like the Hoon's (kinda like our ricers) so he keeps it private invite only)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Fish@Sep 13 2006, 01:41 AM
I havent visited any ausse 3800 forums. However, dealing with RC cars, I should know by now those ausses are fucking crazy when it comes to performance. :lolsign:
[snapback]139041[/snapback]​

hmm what ya got?

i have a full alum chassis Kyosho USA1 with two 7 cell pack capability, and i am currently making billet upper arms since i've broken all my spares... (this things loaded from many years of abuse (Ti, ball bearing steering & monster servo-RWS delete, real shox and springs, yada yada yada)
and I have my baby... "wild thing" a 3 ft crackerjack box hull flatwater racer powered by a Picco Nova-Rossi .21 ci 3.2 BHP 40% nitro burning monster
you should see the pitch on my prop... it may be able to hit 65mph but you sure cant turn it at that speed (not without doing barrel rolls) :lolsign:
we used to have a Kyosho 30 (.41 powered) RC helicopter, but it sucks flying them in chicagoland so we got rid of it (was great when we lived in cali and hawaii)

i also have my tamiya carpet track racer, a cheapo, but fun nontheless and my old sledghammer too, but i canibalized it for the tamiya...(17turn single Trinity saphire motor, Novak 610, and radio)

I really need to get that boat back on the water...either that or turn the engine into a portable margarita blender... :blink: B)
i wouldnt mind my margaritas tasting a bit like nitromethane... ;)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So far Im just in Xmods. Thought about upgrading to an Iwavier or miniZ down the road. Definatly wouldnt mind getting a nitro car.

So far I have a F150 with an aftermarket board, lithium poly packs, 45T(so the guy says) motor, along with alloy axles. (stock ones can break with stock motor and AAAs)

Got a xmod car with AWD, 35T motor with neo mags, and I can use lithium batterys with it as well since I got the plugs soldered onto the board. I can also switch between the stock AAA pack and lithium packs VIA dean micro plugs. These things can get up there in price.

Heres a pic of my F150 once I get it back. The thing should go 45 MPH on the mini RC dyno.

DSC00056.jpg

Heres the guys site where I bought the board. Hence the crazy aussie. :lolsign:

www.woahnelly.com

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah they are crazy...

i didnt know those xmods were being mod'd like that...interesting site, thanks for showing me that...

i'l race your F150 with my USA1 (i'll throw the chevy body on) lol

just curious but whats your runtime?

i get ~4 minutes with 14 subC 1800mAh cells in the USA1...then again Twin motors is kinda power hungry (i dont know if the USA1 was a subconcious factor in the 442...maybe, lol)

oh and i know about the $...it seems that any hobby gets $ real quick
the USA1 is proof of that lol

/hijack (maybe)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc@Sep 13 2006, 03:43 AM
yeah they are crazy...

i didnt know those xmods were being mod'd like that...interesting site, thanks for showing me that...

i'l race your F150 with my USA1 (i'll throw the chevy body on) lol

just curious but whats your runtime?

i get ~4 minutes with 14 subC 1800mAh cells in the USA1...then again Twin motors is kinda power hungry (i dont know if the USA1 was a subconcious factor in the 442...maybe, lol)

oh and i know about the $...it seems that any hobby gets $ real quick
the USA1 is proof of that lol

/hijack (maybe)
[snapback]139057[/snapback]​

I dont know who is more crazy. You or the aussies. :lolsign: Although, you have sparked my interest in a twin engine setup. Like I said. I still need to get the chassis back. Some turd in CT was supposed to fix it for me as payment for an older gen Xmod board. Then fell off the face of the earth. I finally got a response saying he would send it back as is. Which is fine with me. I have 2 boards I can use to fix it. Plus I have another front half of a truck chassis.

Id guesstimate 20-25 minutes of constant runtime. I only ran my 700mAH batts once and that was for testing when I put nelly on along with the motor.

As it stands Id probably be better at a burnout or wheelie contest. :lolsign: How many people do you know that need to run a dually setup with wheelie bars to get traction?

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Fish+Sep 12 2006, 11:00 PM-->
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc@Sep 12 2006, 08:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Sep 12 2006, 07:50 PM

[snapback]138980[/snapback]​

X2. I myself like the F-body design better. Seems like more velocity. I know Wizbang has a F-body UIM and LIM. Waiting for results for future plans. :D

Also, I think I came across a post on camarov6 that someone made claiming they were getting F-body HVIIs made. That was quite awhile ago.
[snapback]139008[/snapback]​
[/b]

fish, you are a little off on the UIM and LIM, they are smaller. Which is why they port(or suggest you do) the LIM to the heads, they are a little over 1/16 smaller then the L36. and the upper has to have the TB opening welded to a L67 mounting that would dissrupt the "velocity"if any. this is for turbo l67s but the outer shell makes it look that way more or less. would be intresting if it helped a GT or not
i would guess the FWD l36 lim would have less turbulance with a HVII or not

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
figured this was worthwhile to post...

http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62733

i would def go that route though with a turbo

i remember a gentlman on FTV6 cut the top off one and did some epoxy work to the inside to give a better port entry radius, then had a plate tig'd back on
i dont know if he showed any gains though...(i couldnt find the thread)

Regards, James

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info