3800 Oct. 21st - MICHIGAN GRUDGE MATCH - Drag racin'

n4cer

Feb 14, 2008
Lansing, MI
It's that time of year again! I am here to invite you all to an bi-annual private track rental event that our club puts on. If you didn't know already, the event is called the Michigan Grudge Match (MGM) and it is a quarter-mile drag racing event held at Mid-Michigan Motorplex www.midmichmotorplex.com or as some call it, Stanton.

It is NOT a bracket racing event but for the most part a Test-n-Tune event and you do not have to be from MI to attend. We have many people who made it to the spring event were able to get 15 or so runs in! A majority of the cars running are Grand Prix’s but since our vendors/sponsors are getting into mods for other vehicles too (such as ZZP) we have invited the Cobalt SS, Monte SS, Grand Am, G6, Ion Redline, Regals Clubs, etc.

No matter if your car is stock or not, we encourage you to come out and have a great time running your cars with other car freaks! If your car is stock, it is good to get a baseline of what your car runs prior to adding mods. 10% of what your car runs in the ¼ miles is the car, 90% is the driver!! We invite you to come out and have some fun.

What: Michigan Grudge Match (MGM)
When: October 21st, 2006 Noon-6p.m.
Where: Mid-Michigan MotorPlex http://www.midmichmotorplex.com
Why: Too have a damn good time!!

PREREGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!! http://www.migpc.com/store If you pay through PayPal there will be a fee that PayPal charges. If you would like to avoid the fee you can pay in person or mail a check to: BabeDyer, 11784 Bunker Hwy., Eaton Rapids, MI 48827.

Pre-Registration for car and driver is $40 + PayPal fee
Pre-Registration for a spectator is 10 + PayPal fee (best to pay $10 at the gate versus $12 due to PayPal)

Price will be $50 after Saturday Oct. 14th

PLEASE pre-register if racing. Not only is it a cost saver, it also helps us gauge the amount of food needed, hotel load, event cost and even affects in some part future participation from sponsors (ie, more prizes, more freebies!). Possibly getting prizes specific to your cars! Another reason to pre-register.... .

NO REFUNDS unless it rained out...if it rains a full refund will be given!

If you run 13.99 or faster you must wear a helmet!! YOU MUST USE THE SNELL RATED 95 -K98- 2000, 2005 OR SFI 31.1 - 31.2 - 31.1A - 31.2 - 31.1 2005- 41.1 - 41.2 - 41.2A - OR 41.1 2005.

We will be staying at the Super 8 Hotel in Ionia (Sat. night is party time :D and time to hang out and talk cars) Some of the out of state folks will be staying their on Friday night as well. When I get the final rates and registration information I will post that!

Sponsors so far: ZZP, Morad Parts Company, Easy Performance, Stattama, and Parts For Your Car.com.

A complete list of prizes and sponsors to come, Check ClubGP often!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Is the track going to be better prepped this time? It was an issue in the spring. They sprayed up to the line and no further...you could get the car out of the hole, then it was like an ice skating rink!

IIRC they were trying to get the track to lay down some VHT during the event but for some reason didn't.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 12 2006, 11:56 PM
Is the track going to be better prepped this time? It was an issue in the spring. They sprayed up to the line and no further...you could get the car out of the hole, then it was like an ice skating rink!

IIRC they were trying to get the track to lay down some VHT during the event but for some reason didn't.
[snapback]139022[/snapback]​

I see this everywhere on here... IIRC

what does it mean...

Originally posted by Xtant12+Sep 13 2006, 01:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Sep 12 2006, 11:56 PM

what does it mean...
[snapback]139043[/snapback]​
[/b]

yes, prep will be done on the track. There is a reason that we are not doing it at night that late in the year. Cold air...and NO sun does not help in the traction area even if the track is prepped. Extra money is spent on VHT!

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Xtant12+Sep 13 2006, 01:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Sep 12 2006, 11:56 PM

what does it mean...
[snapback]139043[/snapback]​
[/b]

If I Recall Correctly or If I Re Call ( I think thats what it is, if thats not it, I'm clueless)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info