3800 Need new brake pads

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
What's a good set of long lasting brake pads, that are decently affordable? I'm also thinking about new rotors, probably off of ebay. Will new rotors make a large difference as well?

I want better brake response as well, right now I don't have that.

On a further note, Mike K, the WBS brake upgrade kit stage 2, what goes into the installation? And can I do it in a parking lot? (I'm stuck at college).

It just seems that my brakes really really suck

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Sep 10 2006, 04:01 PM
What's a good set of long lasting brake pads, that are decently affordable?  I'm also thinking about new rotors, probably off of ebay.  Will new rotors make a large difference as well?

I want better brake response as well, right now I don't have that.

On a further note, Mike K, the WBS brake upgrade kit stage 2, what goes into the installation?  And can I do it in a parking lot? (I'm stuck at college).

It just seems that my brakes really really suck
[snapback]138520[/snapback]​

be careful getting brake crap from epay

brakes are something you dont want to skimp on

if you want good lasting quiet brakes, git some ceramics.... auto zone's duralast gold ceramics are fair priced and have lifetime warranty.

and if you could find a shop to work in/help you, i'd reccomend the fbody upgrade like i did in the other post about breaks... that will definitely give you the increased feel you are looking for.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
well im sure i could do the upgrade myself, i just dont have the resources to do it here in college, and I'm not gonna pay a shop money to do something i could do. If i could find a junk yard around here, or back home and have someone pull the needed parts, i'd love to do it. In fact i kept looking at it, but if the stage 2 upgrade from WBS is any good, I'll go with it.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@Sep 10 2006, 09:48 PM
ceramics like to squeal.  It's a crap shoot, some do, some don't.  Also ceramics like to chew up rotors faster.
[snapback]138564[/snapback]​

ceramics like to squeal?

hah thats funny

if anything is to be blamed for squealing when you install ceramic pads, its the rotor's that are squealing, not the pads

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info