3800 Battle of the EMO phones

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Well.. atleast some consider them Emo.

But anyways, I have/had a Motorola V3 Razr (Silver) that just bumped 100 hours and both LCD's have died, the screen is about ready to fall off, and I cant hear anyone, but they can hear me. So the phone is pretty much garbage. Suprisingly though, the battery still had/has a long life considering all the texting / short phone calls I do. I did get the insurance for the phone, so whenever I feel like being unlazy and calling I will get a replacement.

What I'm wondering is, I've seen the Motorola Sliver L6 and L7. Whats the difference between the V3 Razors (mine was just a basic V3) and the L6's? Then how about the L6's vs the L7's? I could sell the Razor I get and either put it towards one of those, or if it would be better to keep the Razor.. then keep it. Any input? I like features!

FWIW I'm dealing with T-Mobile service.

Thanks
-Nick

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Sep 7 2006, 01:19 AM
have you modded your v3?  im gonna mod mine, and you cant mod the l6/7
[snapback]137995[/snapback]​

I was considering it, but then it broke.. :angry: I dont know how much I'd want to mod it. I've seen things to do, but besides removing the T-Mobile crap idk what else I would want to do.. If I got a phone (L7) off e-bay, I dont think it would have any branding crap minus Motorola and I'd be fine with that.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Sep 7 2006, 11:56 PM
The Razr is flip.  Slvr and L6 are not.  L6 does not have MP3 or memory card.  Slvr(L7) does.  There is a NEW moto phone called the Krzr with memory card commin out....
[snapback]138147[/snapback]​

I was reading about that KRZR, the only thing I dont like is.. the price :lolsign: I might just go with a L7, its looks "cool", and has the ability to use a memory card / mp3 player. Something my basic v3 doesnt support (the memory card), and when I get the replacement, it'll be the same boring (IMO) thing. Plus the only mod I would do to a v3 would be to remove the t-mobile splash screens, and if i get a L7 off ebay I wont need to do that.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Dont get me going about the Razr's they SUCK. I bought my first Razr V3 when they first came out over a year ago. I had it two days and I would call people and they wouldnt be able to hear me, I could hear them but they couldnt hear me. I returned to the store and got another one. A few months later this new V3 would drop calls constantly, I returned it through Cingulars warrentty service. I got another one. This one developed a few grains of dust behind the screen, this drove me crazy so I returned the V3 and demanded a brand new Razor. I then said screw this and I bought a unlocked V3i Razr online. I read about this phone and it is supposed to really good not like the V3. I got this like 6 months ago and it still isnt sold by Cingular. One day I opened the V3i to call someone and it was froze. I couldnt press anything or even tune it off. I pulled the batttery to restart it, it booted back up but I couldnt do anything. Because this wasnt a Cingular phone I couldnt just return it and get another one so I had to goto a repair shop to get it fixed through the Motorola Warrentty. The V3i was fixed, they replaced the screen, keyboard, and flashed the phone. My V3i has been running good ever since.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Personally I would stay away from Motorola phones. They have all sorts of problems, their reception is usually bad and battery life isn't all that great. I used to test phones for Motorola when I worked for Cingular and I personally have always avoided Motorola phones.

The razr is not very good for reception and the L6 and L7 I am sure are not much better since it is the same board technology and antenna.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
kind of funny to see this, I just went with one of my friends when he was getting a new phone and while we were looking at stuff (maybe 5 or 6 minutes) THREE people came in with broken RZRs.

My friend had actually gone in planning on getting a razor, and then we asked the guy if he thought it was a good idea to get one. He doesnt say anything he just pulls this BIG box out from under the counter that is full of razors and says there are all supposed to be sent off to get fixed.

needless to say he didnt get a razor.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Sep 10 2006, 08:29 PM
Personally I would stay away from Motorola phones. They have all sorts of problems, their reception is usually bad and battery life isn't all that great. I used to test phones for Motorola when I worked for Cingular and I personally have always avoided Motorola phones.

The razr is not very good for reception and the L6 and L7 I am sure are not much better since it is the same board technology and antenna.
[snapback]138551[/snapback]​

X2.

Probably the best motorola phone I have ever had was a the V60. That was in 2001. After that, Ive had 3 motorola phones. All of them were pieces of pure garbage. After my last motorola I got a LG phone and it was 10X better then all the rest.

Im now using a Sony Ericsson W600i. This phone is better then the LG IMO.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I have the Blade (yeah, yeah, I know) from Samsung. It's essentially a Razr but it's really durable. I'm not light on my phones and this phone has been absolutely thrashed. I threw it on the ground at the meet the other night to prove my point. The batter cover, battery, and phone all went seperate directions once the phone hit the curb but it powered right back up.

Can't beat the features either... 3G highspeed modem, TV, radio, you can speak your text messages into the phone, etc. The issue is it's cost. Out of contract, it cost me $550.00. :ph34r:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by FastGS88+Sep 11 2006, 01:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ten32
@Sep 10 2006, 11:36 PM
What the hell makes a phone emo?
[snapback]138576[/snapback]​

just a thought....
He had a Motorola Razor Phone

Emp kids cut themselves for fun
coincidence? :lolsign:
[snapback]138638[/snapback]​
[/b]

:eek: :lolsign:

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
I've gone through 4 in the last month and half

2- did not work, they would freeze up I could call out but I couldnt get texts or send them out, I'd have to power off remove battery restart sometimes go into the settings and hit master clear... it was a bunch of BS and always happened late at nite when stores were closed. The 4th one I have now seems to be working fine..knock on wood.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info