3800 RTV when assembling top end

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
well ok not really top end...just laying down an ic and blower...i used garloc gaskets before, and the pcv system leaked oil, soaking the gasket and causing me to bleed off boost...this time im going to use gm gaskets...but where are some good places to use rtv when putting the ic/blower on the lim? around the coolant passages i know...but what about the pcv? the egr is blocked off so i dont need that.

i know some people dont use any gasket at all, but i dont really care for that idea. i have been using the high temp (orange) rtv, is that the stuff or can i just use the grey gm assembly adhesive (the stuff you use on the lim on 3x00's).

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Sep 5 2006, 09:41 PM
good idea on the dime...im going to do that...i should do that and let the rtv set before i run the car right?
[snapback]137734[/snapback]​
Yup. I like to seal the stuff down in layers, takes a little more time, but it seems dicey to Tq down 2 layers of gaskets and RTV. I use shorter bolts to seal the IC to the LIM. When that's cured, I do the SC to IC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list