3800 weather stripping

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Sep 4 2006, 12:27 PM
where the hell can i get replacement door weatherstripping? the top pieces on my front doors are shit, i have a wet seat most of the time when it rains.
where do i get replacements? i know i can order it from GM, but is there anywhere i can get it today?
how hard is it to replace? will i need any specialty tools?

thaniks
[snapback]137502[/snapback]​

you can get it from Morad he usually has some in good condition. GM will charge you way too much for it and never have it instock. I think you just need to unscrew the lower panel piece by the door to be able to remove it. Is yours a two door? Pm me and tell me and I'll help you out.

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
i did somesearching on clubGP and found out how to remove it... pain in the ass... but nessesary, i have to remove my door panel because there's a screw in thie tweeter housing sail pannel to remove it...
i have a sedan by the way
as far as morad goes, this is a part that regularly wears, so i think it might be better to order it from GM directly to ensure that it's new... but if it ends up boing like 80 or something, then i just might have to say fuck it and buy used.

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Sep 4 2006, 01:26 PM
i did somesearching on clubGP and found out how to remove it... pain in the ass... but nessesary, i have to remove my door panel because there's a screw in thie tweeter housing sail pannel to remove it...
i have a sedan by the way
as far as morad goes, this is a part that regularly wears, so i think it might be better to order it from GM directly to ensure that it's new... but if it ends up boing like 80 or something, then i just might have to say fuck it and buy used.
[snapback]137518[/snapback]​

Go call the parts department and find out cost and how long untill they get it in? Most never carry it instock. If you go used route just tell morad your anal and it needs to look like new :lolsign: thats what I would tell him and he always cam through for me with some nice stuff

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Sep 4 2006, 05:10 PM
i'll try e-mail morad, see what kind of deal he can hook me up with, that way at least i know before i make a deal with GM direct... worth the effort i think
[snapback]137535[/snapback]​

why cant you have a two door? I have the weathering stripping off my car sitting my garage

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
the piece of weather stipping that is on the door itself, on the top of it, that sticks up a little bit and is held on via screws in the window channel.

i sincerely hope that it is not 150.. hopefully morad has what i need and at a price i can live with.. i know this is a commonplace repair for the GP

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by thesexy99GT@Sep 4' 2006, 10:42 PM
the piece of weather stipping that is on the door itself, on the top of it, that sticks up a little bit and is held on via screws in the window channel.

i sincerely hope that it is not 150.. hopefully morad has what i need and at a price i can live with.. i know this is a commonplace repair for the GP
[snapback]137582[/snapback]​

ouch the shit on the door, the black lip? I had that replaced at the shop when she was getting painted. That is attached to the black shiny moulding strip you see from the exterior view of the door.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list