Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by Edmond@Sep 2 2006, 03:25 PM
It is a '03 with rear defog.

Who is Ed Morad?
[snapback]137371[/snapback]​

GM part number 10303119 with a list price of $327
Ed Morad is a well known seller in the GP community. His email addy is [email protected] for parts requests.

I would however make sure that's what you need first. It may be something as simple as a fuse or relay. Start with the easiest thing first.

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by Edmond@Sep 2 2006, 06:43 PM
You know, what I should really do is spend the money for the manual.  Do you think something like the Chilton's will do or should I go for the shop manual?
[snapback]137383[/snapback]​

It's my guess that you need an A/C relay or blower relay. They cost like $5-10.
Open up your fuse/relay box and read the lid for their locations. Go to your local GM stealership - it doesn't matter, Buick, Pontiac, Chevy... and have them look up those two relays and start with that first. The part numbers should be located right on the top of the relay. Bring them with you to match them up.

I should have mentioned Ed Morad sells used GP parts. the $327 i quoted you is for a brand new a/c switch.
Chiltons cost like $50-75, and IIRC shop manuals are even more. That's your call if you wanna fork-out that kinda cash for a manual.
Just so you know, i'm not a tech - just a parts counterman.

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Sep 3 2006, 05:27 PM
if you havent bought any parts yet, pull the blower motor resistor out and see if it's burnt...my money would be with that.  it is located behind the blower motor under the pass side...PITA to get to...it uses 3 5.5mm bolts to hold it in
[snapback]137437[/snapback]​

yeah - i forgot about the bm resistor.
the coils get burnt out and these were commonly replaced
i don't have a part number for ya though and IIRC they cost around $35-40(don't quote me!)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Sep 3 2006, 04:27 PM
if you havent bought any parts yet, pull the blower motor resistor out and see if it's burnt...my money would be with that.  it is located behind the blower motor under the pass side...PITA to get to...it uses 3 5.5mm bolts to hold it in
[snapback]137437[/snapback]​

what he said ^

9 out of ten times thats what i find is a charred resistor assembly

btw i love my snapon 7mm and 5.5mm 1/4 drive swivel socket, fer them right against the firewall screws...

unplug the connector...oh and dont remove the one closest to the firewall...most of the newer one's i've pulled there is a slot on the resistor screw hole there, you just need to turn it out ~ 2-3 turns, and remove the other two completely, comes right out

have fun....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i dont have a spare one at work...but like he said above, a 7mm and 5.5 mm swivel sockets are your best friend. you will AT least need a universal and a 5.5 socket. when you pull the kick panel down, and the carpeting back on the passenger side, under the dash you will see the blower motor, it will make it way easier if you pull the blower motor (7mm iicr) but behind it is a little resistor board with a series of wires going to it...just take the 2 easy bolts out, and loosen the back one (closest to the firewall) and it will slide out. you will probably find it's charred in some spots...should be about an hour taking your time, your first time. 15 mins after that.

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Sep 4 2006, 08:04 PM
might want to just buy one first, so you have it, im 99% sure that is your problem
[snapback]137563[/snapback]​

That is a good idea. Worst thing that could happen is that it's not it and I'll return the part.

I was initially afraid because I thought I would have to disassemble the whole dash to get to the BM resistor.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by Edmond+Sep 4 2006, 10:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@Sep 4 2006, 08:04 PM
might want to just buy one first, so you have it, im 99% sure that is your problem

That is a good idea. Worst thing that could happen is that it's not it and I'll return the part.

I was initially afraid because I thought I would have to disassemble the whole dash to get to the BM resistor.
[snapback]137579[/snapback]​
[/b]

nope not a real big job at all. but like i said, you will need a 7mm socket, and a 5.5mm swivel socket. autozone or pep boys might sell those sockets. my matco one is like 35 bucks so maybe they are cheaper at one of those places

Originally posted by Edmond+Sep 4 2006, 11:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@Sep 4 2006, 08:04 PM

[snapback]137579[/snapback]​
[/b]

Before you spend the $$ on one of these, make 100% sure that's what the malfunction is..
Generally there's no return on electrical parts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info