3800 Whipple and Aussie FIT A2A IC?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
As you all know eric_cut (Eric Baldinairi) has a 98 riviera with a healthy L67 (yada yada yada) that i've been PTing lately with him...
and he's fallen in love with the whipple (i cant say i blame him...those vids sound mean...) I know he's talked to Mike K about the whipple kit... but in a throw to be different...and the first in the states to utillize it...he wants to know if ya'll think the Whipple kit will fit on the Aussie commodore FIT (Forced Induction Technologies) Air to air IC adapter kit and FMIC...
this is a very quality system with lots of good engineering in it...and they are making tremendous power with it vs. the YellaTera Tower of power air to water IC
Daniel%20Marks%20IC%20VP%20Wagon%20Front.JPG

cooler%20crome.jpg

from what i have seen the plumbing isnt an issue (we can fab heim joint Tq arms) but what i want to know is what does the Whipple outlet look like and would it match up to this unit:
sml%20plug%20ends%20installed%20175-7528_IMG.JPG

you can check it out here: http://www.v6supercharged.com.au/cooler.asp

with shipping it would come to ~$2600 (see dollar sign in front of amount :p ) plus a bit of modification to the plumbing pipes but nothing Eric, AL and I cant handle and he wants to see what a whipple could do with a 3.2 pulley :blink:

yeah eric's willing to put a 4inch cowl hood on his Riv to do this...
along with being the first in the US to have the FIT setup... ;)

so doya think it'll work? the outlet i mean...we'll make it work on the other aspects..

BTW as soon as eric gets to my place we are picking up his new lq4 maf so the N* TB can go back on...then it's back to a VE tune...and starting alll over...sigh

He also has expressed interest in the new pacesetter headers before forking out for the whipple...so he would be selling his prototype zzp powerlog if anyone's interested..., oh and i think he wants the XPZ, he wshes he'd gotten the PT before he got the VS cam...it's too small for his taste... :lolsign:

he was talking about the pacesetters and putting (another..he already has one) 2 DMH 2.5 inch electric cutouts on the Y pipe and have them dump behind the front tires on both sides (almost, true duals when they are open) i told him he was nuts and to send some of his $ Al and I's way...lol

Eric makes great fucking money selling water...bastard (sorry eric thats just my jealous side, lol)

he brouse's here but i never seem to get him to post up...

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
with a willing investor like this... i really hope it does fit, becuase it would kick ass too see a setup like that, and since he's not shy of the checkbook... i think anything's possible.. but i'll stop whoring and let someone who knows the answer to the actual point of the question take over!
goodluck!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I think we could outperform it with a water to air setup and it would be cheaper and easier to install... There is a lot of plumbing with that system and it doesn't seem worth the cost for a nominal difference in performance.

Just my opinion though. I'd love to stick a Stage II IC on his car though so I'm far from unbias!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Mike K@Aug 30 2006, 11:06 PM
I think we could outperform it with a water to air setup and it would be cheaper and easier to install... There is a lot of plumbing with that system and it doesn't seem worth the cost for a nominal difference in performance.

Just my opinion though.  I'd love to stick a Stage II IC on his car though so I'm far from unbias!
[snapback]137040[/snapback]​

well thats the thing...now that he has the powrtuner to keep everything happy, he wants the headers and A2A, then get the whipple...then put an air to water below the A2A :blink: he wants the cowl hood lol...i kinda gave him the idea that he could turn the front alum bumper in to a large icebox resevoir and further improve his weight distribution for off the line hook...like i said he has lofty goals... and of course when the trans does finally go it's getting an 80e...overkill seems to be his theme, for the most part i think he's curious what the limits of the whipple are, but then again who knows what is rattling around in his head...he loves this car ;)

I'm biased towards turbocharging...he wants to see what the whipple can be pushed to...at what point is there diminished return on whipple pulley size vs airflow efficiency? i'm trying to get an idea of what the whipple can do to see if eric is really crazy..or just crazy :D

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc+Aug 31 2006, 01:52 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike K
@Aug 30 2006, 11:06 PM

Just my opinion though.  I'd love to stick a Stage II IC on his car though so I'm far from unbias!

well thats the thing...now that he has the powrtuner to keep everything happy, he wants the headers and A2A, then get the whipple...then put an air to water below the A2A :blink: he wants the cowl hood lol...i kinda gave him the idea that he could turn the front alum bumper in to a large icebox resevoir and further improve his weight distribution for off the line hook...like i said he has lofty goals... and of course when the trans does finally go it's getting an 80e...overkill seems to be his theme, for the most part i think he's curious what the limits of the whipple are, but then again who knows what is rattling around in his head...he loves this car ;)

I'm biased towards turbocharging...he wants to see what the whipple can be pushed to...at what point is there diminished return on whipple pulley size vs airflow efficiency? i'm trying to get an idea of what the whipple can do to see if eric is really crazy..or just crazy :D
[snapback]137086[/snapback]​
[/b]

whipple will spin to 35+ psi so I'm going to assume it has a rather large efficiency range. I would stay away from a turbo for the simple turbo lag factor that everyone with a turbo likes to prentend doesn't exist but my buddy has a turbo'd 5.0 stang that runs 11's because he prespools the turbo using a trans break but on the street if he doesn't down shift I can beat him 30-90, yes it takes that car THAT long to start spooling the turbo and a grandprix is no different.
if you stuff a 70+ trim turbo on a grandprix it's going to lag like hell on anything but quarter mile runs.

now with a whipple you get that power whenever you want :) anyways, back on topic. from what I read about whipple is that they're slightly and I mean "slightly" less effincient then eatons are lower boost levels but when you're running 18+ psi they still have a very cool outlit temperature. now of course boost is directly effected by the motors ability to breath so I don't think anyone is going to be able to say for sure what size pulley he can run before hes pushing the whipple beyond it's effinciency range but I don't think any 3800 is capable of flowing enough air to the point where you're drasticly over spinning a whipple.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I'm thinking that he wants to make massive power...lol

roght now I'm heading to B&H Jyard in rockford IL for some parts...

specifically a 98+ SII harness and PCM for the 442

i'm junking my sisters 87 CHrysler lebaron GTS....i've got too many cars...lol

wish us luck! (they have sooo many impala taxies it's not even funny....) and I'm a good customer of the manager there...Damon is too good to me....he just lets me in and i pull my own stuff.... :D

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc@Aug 31 2006, 08:53 AM
I'm thinking that he wants to make massive power...lol

roght now I'm heading to B&H Jyard in rockford IL for some parts...

specifically a 98+ SII harness and PCM for the 442

i'm junking my sisters 87 CHrysler lebaron GTS....i've got too many cars...lol

wish us luck! (they have sooo many impala taxies it's not even funny....) and I'm a good customer of the manager there...Damon is too good to me....he just lets me in and i pull my own stuff.... :D
[snapback]137101[/snapback]​

Say "Hi" to Charlie out there from the Grainger guy. I used to go there all of the time...pick the yard too. Since, I've moved near Loves Park Auto parts in Machesney, aside from getting the run of the yard, you can usually see me wander past the counter into the main shop and grab a beer too. There's nothing like walking a junkyard with tools in one hand and a beer in the other!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by xierxior+Aug 31 2006, 03:31 AM-->
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc@Aug 31 2006, 01:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike K
@Aug 30 2006, 11:06 PM

[snapback]137086[/snapback]​

whipple will spin to 35+ psi so I'm going to assume it has a rather large efficiency range. I would stay away from a turbo for the simple turbo lag factor that everyone with a turbo likes to prentend doesn't exist but my buddy has a turbo'd 5.0 stang that runs 11's because he prespools the turbo using a trans break but on the street if he doesn't down shift I can beat him 30-90, yes it takes that car THAT long to start spooling the turbo and a grandprix is no different.
if you stuff a 70+ trim turbo on a grandprix it's going to lag like hell on anything but quarter mile runs.

now with a whipple you get that power whenever you want :) anyways, back on topic. from what I read about whipple is that they're slightly and I mean "slightly" less effincient then eatons are lower boost levels but when you're running 18+ psi they still have a very cool outlit temperature. now of course boost is directly effected by the motors ability to breath so I don't think anyone is going to be able to say for sure what size pulley he can run before hes pushing the whipple beyond it's effinciency range but I don't think any 3800 is capable of flowing enough air to the point where you're drasticly over spinning a whipple.
[snapback]137095[/snapback]​
[/b]
whos pretending there is lag. if you size your turbines and cam correctly with a good high stall, it is very little, which is good we are FWD
seeing as no one has a whipple car that is running crazy ass power or times i would have to agree with turbo option. a 60-1or 62-1 will make more power and probly be able to hook a little better due to the lag
plus name one turbo RIV. saying you have a superchaged 3800(whipple or not) will not come across as shocking as a turbo RIV. and seeing as you guys like to be differnt it seems like that would be right up your alley.
plus it would be a challenge because of the front bumper and body setup
and with the batttery out of the way already you can use an f-body induct for a great IC design
i would kill to see that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info