3800 Octobers Motor Trend - basic Pic

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I just saw this today and it shocked the crap out of me! Great looking car! new body style and engine. Best of all RWD + manual + V-8!!!

"Keeping to the tire tracks of the GTO, GM would like to export its new rear-wheel drive v-8 Sports sedan to the U.S. as the next Pontiac Grand Prix" - Motor Trend

6.0-Liter V-8 362-HP RWD

The motor trend magazine is called GRAND PRIX REBORN, front cover has a red "GP". Vol.58 No.10

The body is based on the Holden SS-V8 With redisigned fenders and front bumper to make it look more like a US pontiac. The "Gp's" front bumper resembles The GTO alot.

NOT EXACT PICS!!! THE "GP" IS A LITTLE RE-DESIGNED. PICS ARE IN THE MOTOR TREND MAGAZINE OF WHAT IT MAY LOOK LIKE.

-EDIT PIC

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Aug 29 2006, 01:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-98GTPquickRB
@Aug 29 2006, 02:31 AM
now get that bitch setup with a factory intercooled supercharger!!!
[snapback]136803[/snapback]​

X2 - with a 2dr. coupe available
[snapback]136804[/snapback]​
[/b]

2 dr. coupe, aka GTO? :p

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
A RWD V8 GP would be cool. But if you look at it, it looks like its just a another GM rebadge of this:

050620-cts-indie.jpg

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
i think calling a 4 door version of a GTO isn't right.. they hit it on the head when they said it just doesn't seem like a grand prix... brand prixs have nicer curves, and just something about them that this car in no way captures. but i don't think too many would bitch about the powertrain... .hell i'd drive it... but i'd rather get the GTO. GM's use of the holden line is actually kind of starting to piss me off... they could have had a golden opportunity recreating the GTO, don't get me wrong, love the car, but it doesn't seem to fit the name... just like the prix

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP+Aug 30 2006, 04:28 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-vipermike2002
@Aug 29 2006, 12:12 PM
A RWD V8 GP would be cool. But if you look at it, it looks like its just a another GM rebadge of this:

050620-cts-indie.jpg

[snapback]136837[/snapback]​

Are u on drugs????? Thoes 2 car look nothing alike
[snapback]136950[/snapback]​
[/b]

X2.

Then again, his car is just a rebadged camaro. :p

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Are u on drugs????? Thoes 2 car look nothing alike

261gufm.jpg
050620-cts-indie.jpg

Looks very simular to me. But after reading the magazine, its a Holden Commadore SS-V from Austrailia that GM wants to slap Pontiac Badges on it, change the front end to classic pontiac style and make it so it meets US emission requirements, and call it a Grand Prix. GM did the same thing with the GTO, took a Holden Austrailian car, changed a few things and called it a GTO, that didnt do well at all, and now GM doesent even make it anymore.

<GM Flame>I think GM needs to learn that rebading the same car 5 times or putting SS badges on everything doesent sell cars. In todays age selling 300HP+ Family sedans itsnt going to cut it either because of the gas prices, making this would be cool but if I was GM I would invest my money into Hybred cars.
</GM Flame>

In the mag it says the Holden Commodore SS-V has 6.0 Vortec V8 with 362HP 390TQ engine with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed auto trans.

Then again, his car is just a rebadged camaro.

:blink: Your car is just a rebaged Impala, Monte Carlo, AND Regal.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Aug 30 2006, 02:03 PM
ive personally driven around in the 6 speed/vette motored caddy, and it is a dream to drive, which i'm sure the GP would be a close clone. i'd buy it if its cheaper than the caddy, which it should be.
[snapback]136973[/snapback]​

:iagree:

I'd take a not as nice version for a better price thats for sure. Go drive a CTS-V and tell me that isnt a kick ass car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info