O'rly? :p

gay2jjryanws4.gif

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
that is one scary pic....

we still have some KR on the eric's riviera but we are starting to tackle the spark tables...glad you got yours nailed

just so it can sink into my brain...
the 97 cars have an analog knock sensor system right? much like on the chevy trucks 97 and prior right? i know them because of the issues with the 2md gen HEI hall effect magnets cracking in the dizzy and causing preignition...

so what is different in the processing of the Knock sensor signal?
i would figure that the system would compare any frequency readings with engine rpm to determin whther any noise sensed was detonation and then correspondingly pull timing, but then we seem to have false kr at hard 1-2 upshifts and i dont thnik the final drive of the trans would be anywhere near a comparable freq to the engine rpm's...i know all about the math used to locate what acessory drive is making noise based on rpm, pully size and frequency and i guess it would be similar but much faster than with a calculator...

anyone have a link to more info...i understand GM/DC/Ford EFI VERY well but i am always looking for more...

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
with the same mods in 2004.. i was trapping at 102mph..

umm.. i think im shifting into 3rd at 92mph...

ron vogel set my shift points.. might wanna ask him... however... there was a big confusionabout what gearin they put in my GTP at Leos dads shop...

he told me 329... i was still shifting into 2nd at 52mph (293 settings).. apparently he saw i was a GTP.. so he ordered GTP gearing... thinking the 2004+ were the same... ordered a 97... and read to me that it was a 329...

who knows.. maybe i really have 329... but the shift points are wrong.

:(

any way to tell?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info