3800 electrical gremlin

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
So i've been ignoring this problem long enough, i need to get it fixed.

I have a sony hu in my gtp. it all works perfectly fine, but while the car is off, the radio seems to be gaining time. (over a weeks time it gains about a half hour, give or take)

might there be too much voltage on the 12v constant feed?\

might my hu be damaged?

? any help?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Toasty@Aug 28 2006, 11:09 PM

I have a sony hu in my gtp. it all works perfectly fine, but while the car is off, the radio seems to be gaining time. (over a weeks time it gains about a half hour, give or take)

might my hu be damaged?

? any help?
[snapback]136768[/snapback]​

voltage wouldnt be an issue, the internal timing circuits would be stepped down to 5v or so...i would hazard a guess that something is schitzo in the HU

does it gain time while on? or is it only when shutoff?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by Turbocharged400sbc+Aug 29 2006, 01:07 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Toasty
@Aug 28 2006, 11:09 PM

might my hu be damaged?

? any help?
[snapback]136768[/snapback]​

voltage wouldnt be an issue, the internal timing circuits would be stepped down to 5v or so...i would hazard a guess that something is schitzo in the HU

does it gain time while on? or is it only when shutoff?
[snapback]136800[/snapback]​
[/b]

It's kinda hard to say weather or not time is gaining while it's on, i mainly drive it back and forth to work, so it's only on for an hour or so at a time

the other thing that is odd...

if you arent familiar with sony hu's and adding aux inputs, heres a short version:

sony hu's use the changer controls/inputs (unilink) to add external aux in ports.
this box is connected to the hu only by the changer/unilnk cable. (and obviously rca's) and when car is OFF (no key in) tho.. i didnt sit in the car and wait for RAP to turn off, which i should do as well... the aux in box keeps clicking every couple minutes like it is turning on/off... which it should only do when hu powers on/off

?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
thats funny shit,(sorry to hear it is a problem) ravens tempo switches from standard to incorrect military time on its own once in a while. funny part is thats not a option to switch the display to(owners manual never mentions it), nor can you change it back......its the radio for sure. thats what i get for putting a $ 60 cd player in there.

if it is still under warranty i would bring it back. your car is fine.
check for heat problems (to crampt behind dash with padding and such)ravens is only when its real warm or ice cold(winter)

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by SINr247@Aug 29 2006, 12:27 PM
thats funny shit,(sorry to hear it is a problem) ravens tempo switches from standard to incorrect military time on its own once in a while.      funny part is thats not a option to switch the display to(owners manual never mentions it), nor can you change it back......its the radio for sure. thats what i get for putting a $ 60 cd player in there.

if it is still under warranty i would bring it back.    your car is fine.
check for heat problems (to crampt behind dash with padding and such)ravens is only when its real warm or ice cold(winter)
[snapback]136843[/snapback]​

eh nope no warranty

obviously the stocker didnt have an issue, but from what i have read, the stockers are more tolerant of voltage shortage/overage...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Toasty
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list