3800 Mod market for the GXP?

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
I highly doubt your buddy has a "cam" because the DoD nearly makes it impossible to use a normal cam unless you completely disable that system which I'm not even sure if that's possible or not.

theres really no mods at all but if you disabled the DoD you could use pretty much use any LS2 head/cam/intake.

I have one and I've been looking around dude theres next to nothing out for this car.

edit: your best bet is a turbo and I've been reading on clubgp that theres a few companies that are intersted in making a turbo kit for the ls4.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Fish@Aug 27 2006, 11:15 PM
If comp will key a cam with DOD, then it is possible. I know Chris White is trying something.

Also, the only PCMs out there now is either Vector (chris White) or buying a HPTuners.
[snapback]136652[/snapback]​

there isnt a difference in the cams that i'm aware of...the primary components of the GM DoO system are the specially designed roller lifters, the ancillary oiling passages and the control solenoids...

*cough* LS7 *cough*

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I thought there was no difference, but Chris Green on CGP (the Nazi CG. Not the jewish ohioan one :p) said that they need special cams due to the lifters collapsing thus enabling DoD.

I myself have no idea how it works, so I dont comment much on it. I guess I can make that a little project for tonight. :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by Fish@Aug 29 2006, 12:32 AM
I thought there was no difference, but Chris Green on CGP (the Nazi CG. Not the jewish ohioan one :p) said that they need special cams due to the lifters collapsing thus enabling DoD.

I myself have no idea how it works, so I dont comment much on it. I guess I can make that a little project for tonight. :D
[snapback]136793[/snapback]​

the only possible issue i see is with a possible missalignment of the dod activation oil circuit slot with a higher lift cam, but i dont see this being a problem since the system was designed to seamlessly transition in less than 100ms
which should be plenty of time for a lifter that is at peak lift to move down and deactivate/reactivate....

i would love to see a twin LS7 powered GXP.. :blink: ..maybe when i win the lottery...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info