3800 Anyone had warranty work done?

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
there not to bad, had some work done by them, what's your deductible like 100$? just make sure you tell them to call you if they decide to do something else, and make sure what the problem is first, cause they billed me for 100$ to change my gas cap, and also they put on 12$ worth of parts in my window that i didn't ask for, so make sure of that stuff

Originally posted by slow04ss@Aug 24 2006, 11:26 PM
I have a major problem, but never had any warranty work done by gm.  Just wondering if gm is a pita or easy going when it comes to this kind of stuff.
[snapback]136363[/snapback]​

Really it depends on where you go to have your car serviced. With my GMPP extended warranty i have a $100 deductable and have used it on three or four occasions - one time for a new transmission!
Post-up where you're taking it to and maybe i can give you some useful input. I know alot of local service dept. dudes and techs.

*edit*
i just noticed you're from Rockford! i dunno anybody out that way

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Aug 25 2006, 12:04 AM
Could you give us more details on the problem, and or what your experiencing? Might be helpful on what to tell them, and what to expect them to do on the repair.
[snapback]136382[/snapback]​

The rear brakes don't work. It's been like this since new, I just didn't figure it out until now.

I had a problem with my old car where the caliper broke off. Chrysler wouldn't warranty it since it was a "wear item". They did however replace my trans when I put a 2 inch hole in it. :unsure:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by slow04ss+Aug 25 2006, 08:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaturdaysGS
@Aug 25 2006, 12:04 AM
Could you give us more details on the problem, and or what your experiencing? Might be helpful on what to tell them, and what to expect them to do on the repair.
[snapback]136382[/snapback]​

The rear brakes don't work. It's been like this since new, I just didn't figure it out until now.

I had a problem with my old car where the caliper broke off. Chrysler wouldn't warranty it since it was a "wear item". They did however replace my trans when I put a 2 inch hole in it. :unsure:
[snapback]136461[/snapback]​
[/b]

Depending on what the problem is for the rear brakes not working (maybe the proportioning valve?) then you should be all set with getting it repaired with no hassle. I dont see them considering the calipers as a wear item under the OEM warranty (didnt happen on our Dodge minivan with a sticky caliper, but they did charge us for the pad, and to turn the 1 rotor). I would use the word safety, many, many times in the conversation about getting it fixed / covered.

Good Luck.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
do you have a factory warranty or an aftermarket? if it's factory, you should be fine, if for some reason the pads are worn you will have to pay for those, but other wise, whether its a propotioning valve or an abs module or what, it should be covered without a problem. ive done a few w-body cars that had the rear brakes not working, and all have led to the abs module but you never know.

aftermarket warrneties are picky though. we have to call it in with the problem/and possible repair, and ask for permission (asking if they are going to pay us) for the repair. depending on who calls them, and the way they present the problem, it should be covered. good luck!

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Aug 26 2006, 10:21 AM
do you have a factory warranty or an aftermarket?  if it's factory, you should be fine, if for some reason the pads are worn you will have to pay for those, but other wise, whether its a propotioning valve or an abs module or what, it should be covered without a problem.  ive done a few w-body cars that had the rear brakes not working, and all have led to the abs module but you never know.

aftermarket warrneties are picky though.  we have to call it in with the problem/and possible repair, and ask for permission (asking if they are going to pay us) for the repair.  depending on who calls them, and the way they present the problem, it should be covered.  good luck!
[snapback]136486[/snapback]​

Bought the car new, and has 20k on it now with gm extended warranty. Talked to the dealer, and they are giving me the run around <_< .

According to the tech at lou bachrodt,
Rust on the entire rotor after driving for an hour(through city traffic!) is normal :blink: The brakes not applying enough pressure with the pedal to the floor to even kick the abs on or lock the tires is normal too. The fluid level is where it should be, and thats all that matters. My dealer of choice can't even look at it for a week, but I hope things go better their.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info