3800 My oil leak

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Well I had to do a bit of work on my car today and since I had it jacked up I figured why not take a look.. I have pictures but cant get them up till tomarrow.. BUT I found some kind of line that was threaded and it had a nut on the end.. It went into my block.. Im thinking it has something to do with my Oil Pressure gauge.. Is that possible?? Matt and Mike were telling me about it but I didnt think it was this bad.. Their is oil on my mufflers, downpipe, and all around the Oil pan area... any thoughts.. If it is from the addition of the oil gauge I will take it back to the shop who put it in... They should fix it...Right???

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Xtant12@Aug 23 2006, 11:57 PM
Well I had to do a bit of work on my car today and since I had it jacked up I figured why not take a look.. I have pictures but cant get them up till tomarrow.. BUT I found some kind of line that was threaded and it had a nut on the end.. It went into my block.. Im thinking it has something to do with my Oil Pressure gauge.. Is that possible?? Matt and Mike were telling me about it but I didnt think it was this bad.. Their is oil on my mufflers, downpipe, and all around the Oil pan area... any thoughts.. If it is from the addition of the oil gauge I will take it back to the shop who put it in... They should fix it...Right???
[snapback]136298[/snapback]​

holy, theres oil from your oil pan all the way back to your mufflers? :eek: :ph34r:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@Aug 24 2006, 01:01 PM
on your mufflers? well at least its not coming out of them. thats crazy shit. my valve covers were real bad and oil was everywhere(besides the spewing from my breather) the back is hard to see if its leaking at the bottom. that would be a reason for it to be all over your DP and stuff
[snapback]136329[/snapback]​

Im sure it is comming from that Line I found that goes to my Block.. If I tighten it maybe it would stop??? anythoughts Bob... Or should I take it back to the shop...

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by Xtant12@Aug 25 2006, 12:26 PM
I went back to the shop to have them check it out ang turns out I was right..  The Sending unit was leaking.. He tightened it and cleaned up all the oil.. If it happen again I will need to get the entire thing replaces.. But its all good now...
[snapback]136424[/snapback]​
make sure the shop put pipe thread tape ont he part that threads into the block. I forgot to do that the first time, started my car and watched it leak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info