3800 Anyway to turn off DRL's?

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
look on the panel of the fuse box once you pull it off......i think it's like 28? The fuse is the way to go, and I'm pretty sure it still applies to the 03's. Oh, and don't worry about any relay. I've never heard an annoying click, and I've been running DRL-less for about 2 years now. Wish I could give you more....but my car is sitting in my garage 3 hours away from me :(

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Aug 25 2006, 07:50 PM
BTW, what field are you in??
[snapback]136458[/snapback]​

I am a private investigator. I also do some higher risk security details as well as executive protection. I also train people for those fields. I am a certified pistol instructor by the NRA and I also teach self defense.

I also do things like tactical entries to clear empty buildings that our clients have bought.

Been doing this for 4 years and I'm almost sure that I'm going to the Marine Corps. soon for Officer Candidacy School (OCS). I've already got 2 college degree's under my belt so for me, the military might be the next logical step.

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Aug 27 2006, 11:13 PM
You should also disable your automatic lights at night as well if you need to be stealthy.

I would have helped, but IIRC the wiring is different from 01+ then it is for 97-00.
[snapback]136651[/snapback]​

How do you disable the automatic lights on the 97-00 cars? The lights still come on at night so I'd like to do that as well.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
OK, so I found the exact DRL fuse, if it's gonna be the same. Go into the glovebox. Pop open the right side little cubby to get to the fusebox in there. Go all the way to the right, all the way to the bottom of the box.

+++++++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
O++++++++

Pull that little sucker if you haven't already. As for the auto on.....there should be a fuse to pull as well, possibly labeled auto on? I'm not quite sure.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by Xtant12+Aug 31 2006, 11:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Aug 24 2006, 03:57 PM
the correct way is to pull the fuse and to disconnect the DRL relay under the dash so you don't hear that annoying "click" when the DRL's try to turn on/off
[snapback]136339[/snapback]​

??? where is that relay.. I never found it...
[snapback]137206[/snapback]​
[/b]

open driver door, remove access panel from end of dash
kneel with one knee on the ground, so opening is at eye level

look back into the access hole, the relay/module is mounted on the inside end of the dash, looks like a mini amp, with heatsinks all around....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info