3800 HELP WITH TIRES

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
YEAH!!! So, I'm kinda seeing this woman:nanahump:. She's a 25 year old school teacher. She's a science tracher. A blonde hottie. I'm assuming she's not really banking, but I could be wrong. She has a 2002 Convertible Vette that I think was a hand me down. She's asking me for a flavor. She needs all 4 new tires, but they are runflats. I hear those are expensive but crappy tires. She said that she was looking at almost $600 a piece for them.

Let me hear some opinions on those tires and what would be a good replacement tire.

Next question. Does anyone have any small hookups? I know someone does. B)

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
If those are the original tires, they're probably the Goodyears. GY's are good tires, don't get me wrong but I think you can get a tire that's equally as good for less money.

Is she stuck on getting runflats or is she willing to go with non-runflats? Non runflats are cheaper and they also have less road noise.

Check out Tire Rack for your options. I've been told quite often that Discount Tire will be competitive with Tire Rack.

Just make sure that whoever does the installation doesn't damage the Low Tire Pressure Warning System (LTPWS) because places not used to dealing with those will damage them. It'll be a big PITA to go through.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Aug 22 2006, 10:55 PM
If she doesent want to spend alot of money, check out this guy on eBay maybe he has some stock vette tires. Hes located in Racine WI.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrstud
[snapback]136200[/snapback]​

Thanks Mike. Did you try calling me today? I was out in Marengo and I get shit for reception. AIM me tomorrow.

www.vulcantire.com has some good tires for decent prices. also i have a couple buddies that work at discount tire. i can see what they can hook me up with but i need to know what tires she wants.

Very cool man. I'm waiting for her to get me the specs as we type

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Aug 23 2006, 07:53 AM
Id shoot myself if I purchased A tire for 600 dollars.

Even with the cost of a blow out and tow.........you still come out ahead of the deal.

A good tire for that car should be around 150-200 bucks.

Goodyears grip sucks for that tire as well.
[snapback]136214[/snapback]​

Agreed!

Originally posted by MIKES3@Aug 23 2006, 12:12 AM
I'm almost positive that these are the specs.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS, extended mobility
Front-P245/45ZR-17
Rear-P275/40ZR-18
[snapback]136206[/snapback]​

BF Goodrich @ Discount Tire. http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/index_2.jsp
g-Force
KD = dry traction, ok for rain
KDW = wet driving, great for rain
KDWS = all season, wet and snow, good all around tire

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info