3800 1994 Z28 Camaro

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Does the 1994 Z28 have the LT1?

My buddy is trying to get rid of his White Z28 w/ T-tops. Its been sitting in a garage for about 1 1/2 years going to waste. It has about 105K and im pretty sure its A4. He needs the money asap and doesnt feel like advertising and all that other crap. He also doesnt want to leave in on the street (for sale sign). Im really not interested in buying and keeping it though. Im thinking for the price I can get it for I can turn around and sell it for a profit. (maybe) Help him out and then help myself out! If I can get this car for 2400 is it possible to make some profit? Body and interior is clean but im not sure what condition the motor is in.

Opinions??

I checked the KBB but I want some real life opinions.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
The Z28 has the ability to be a serious performance car. NO JOKE!! Its 350 cid LT1 V8 is a modified version of the one used in the Corvette, and with 325 pound feet of torque available at only 2000 rpm, it has plenty of acceleration capability for high speed performance and maneuverability.

What really throws me off is the A4. I always thought that the 94s came with the T56 6-speed manual transmission with computer aided gear selection. In normal starting the transmission will shift from 1st to 4th gear, but when power shifting each gear can be manually selected. If it does have the A4 those can hold dome serious power built up.

The car weight about 3400 lbs. Maybe a tad heavier.

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
The LT1 is an extremely stout motor. A bigger cam in there would really wake it up, the stock heads aren't bad and the intake is pretty good. In fact, GM based the LT1/4 intakes off of the TPIS MiniRam, which was a popular replacement for L98 cars in the V8's like the Y and F bodies.

As for profit, I doubt that you'd be able to profit from it. There are too many of them out there. There are hundreds of thousands of 350's out there and there are thousands of F bodies out there.

The A4 might it the sale as well because the LT1 loves to rev and the M6 will keep it in it's power alley more than the A4, IMO.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Edmond@Aug 22 2006, 04:45 PM
The LT1 is an extremely stout motor.  A bigger cam in there would really wake it up, the stock heads aren't bad and the intake is pretty good.  In fact, GM based the LT1/4 intakes off of the TPIS MiniRam, which was a popular replacement for L98 cars in the V8's like the Y and F bodies.

As for profit, I doubt that you'd be able to profit from it.  There are too many of them out there.  There are hundreds of thousands of 350's out there and there are thousands of F bodies out there.

The A4 might it the sale as well because the LT1 loves to rev and the M6 will keep it in it's power alley more than the A4, IMO.
[snapback]136168[/snapback]​

I was always under the impression that you needed up graded heads in order to run a larger cam in the LS1s and even the LT1s. Once you start getting into mid 11s you want an automatic. Manual shift can't keep up with the power band. Talk to Eric (Partyhardoo) He has one hell of a Camaro. I think his is a 98, but he's on LS1tech quite often. He'd be able to stear you in a general direction

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Opinions??

If you can buy it for $2400 thats a GREAT price. Is it in good condition? Im sure you could sell it for $4,000 without even trying. F-Bodys hold there value pretty good, and 100K on a 94 isnt bad. You cant really go buy KBB either with these cars. I would check out some forums and see what people are selling simular localy.

Specs: 94 Z28

5.7 V8 LT1
275HP @5000rpm
325TQ @2000rpm
3424 Pounds

What really throws me off is the A4. I always thought that the 94s came with the T56 6-speed manual transmission with computer aided gear selection. In normal starting the transmission will shift from 1st to 4th gear, but when power shifting each gear can be manually selected. If it does have the A4 those can hold dome serious power built up.

Computer aided gear selecting? :unsure: I think on stock LT1/LS1 F-Bodys there is this skip shift feature that forces you to shift from 1st to 4th when driving normal, if that is what your talking about. My car doesent have it, it was tuned out.

As for profit, I doubt that you'd be able to profit from it. There are too many of them out there. There are hundreds of thousands of 350's out there and there are thousands of F bodies out there.

Thousands... You cant just goto your local dealer and find 5 or 6 F-Bodys there, what do you think it is a Mustang?

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
The LT and LS heads are totally different. The LS1 heads, I've been told by quite a few Corvette guys, can handle 400 horses in stock form. Just looking at those heads, they are some great heads (don't I sound gay? :p ).

The LT motors are Gen II while the LS1/6 are Gen III SBC's.

I seem to remember reading that you don't pull the LS1 from the Camaro, you pull the Camaro off the LS1.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
With a small cam you can keep the stock heads on an ls1.....mine was a 224/224.

With the AFR stage 2 heads i believe my car picked up and additional 25-30 whp

You can get a CAGS delete to keep you outa the 1-4 gear slector.

Id stick with a manual no matter how fast of a car I got. Its awsome to actually be one with the machine and feel the power/clutch in your hand and foot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info