3800 Tuning For 99 Regal GS

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I am desperately searching for someone with a PowrTuner that can tune my car. All I am looking for is a basic tune with the A/F Tables corrected for a 3.4 and supporting mods, as well as all the drivability tweaks performed. I really need this done, and anyone that can help me out please post or PM me or call me or whatever! I can pay ya if need be! and I'll travel to wherever you are to get it done. Thanks in advance! Lovin the forum!

Dennis

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Nice! I dont know what to do now... sems like i really dont have that many choices left. How wise do you think it would be for me to just send my PCM to ZZP to get tuned? I really dont wanna have the core charge show up on my bank account cause then my parents will really know what is goin on... which is bad. anyway, if there is still someone out there that can help me out please post! Thanks everybody.

-DD

Originally posted by DoubleD99GS@Aug 22 2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah im starting to lean more and more towards that. I see that you have about the same mods that I do right now, Plus the PCM. What kind of knock are you seeing? I'm not sure what mine is at, as my scanner wont be here for a while, but im just wondering what kind of drops i can expect from a PCM...
[snapback]136137[/snapback]​

The DHP sure woke my GTP up when i installed it - well worth it.

check this out:

http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/produc...5&products_id=4

any questions just shoot Mike K an email@
[email protected]

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by DoubleD99GS@Aug 22 2006, 09:59 AM
Nice! I dont know what to do now... sems like i really dont have that many choices left. How wise do you think it would be for me to just send my PCM to ZZP to get tuned? I really dont wanna have the core charge show up on my bank account cause then my parents will really know what is goin on... which is bad. anyway, if there is still someone out there that can help me out please post! Thanks everybody.

-DD
[snapback]136125[/snapback]​

what do your parents have to do with anything? if they're trying to tell you that you can't mod your car then it's time to go rebel on their ass.

the problem is that alot of guys on this site have powertuners but according to the licenses agreement they're really not suppose to tune anyone elses car.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Yeah I know its lame that i have to worry about my parents. I just dont wanna piss them off cause they are really helping me with school. Plus the car is technically theirs right now... though i have paid just about all of it off. anyway, has anyone seen a difference at all between DHP and ZZP? i mean if i can save 20 bucks im gonna do it, unless there is good reason to get a DHP. also, this may seem dumb, but where is W Body store located? is it somewhere around here? Just wondering. Thanks for all your help guys!

-DD

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Originally posted by DoubleD99GS@Aug 22 2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah im starting to lean more and more towards that. I see that you have about the same mods that I do right now, Plus the PCM. What kind of knock are you seeing? I'm not sure what mine is at, as my scanner wont be here for a while, but im just wondering what kind of drops i can expect from a PCM...
[snapback]136137[/snapback]​

I'm seeing about 3-4°, but I need to work on the air intake. I had a 4" cone, and saw 5-6° knock. Went back to the 3" and it made a big differance.

I haven't done much tuning lately. My wife might be taking it to Byron this weekend to race with the Buick club. If she does, I'll send her with some race gas. :)

I chose the DHP because it is more "proven" and I was pissed at ZZP for not telling my thier DP would hit my GMPP sway bar.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Ahhh i see... I might go with the DHP just because it really seems to have ben out there for longer, and well, like you said, is more proven. I really wanna get all the KR gone cause otherwise im afraid of chunking a piston, and if i cant cut it down far enough i may be demodding... a sad thought. If I cant find anything before i leave for school then I'm getting a DHP. Would anyone happen to know if i send them my PCM to get it tuned, will it need a case learn once i get it back? its a long ass trip to get to a dealership at school and i want to see if i can avoid it. Thanks for any help you have :)

-DD

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I didn't need to do either the case learn or the security thing on my '98 GS.

I don't think you can ever get rid of all the knock. I doubt even a stock engine had zero degrees of knock. If you get rid of it all, then you aen't running a small enough pulley. ;)

You could move up to a 3.5 or 3.6" pulley.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hahaha yeah... i suppose that could be true about knock. but anyways, thank all you guys for helping me out. Unfortunate news that I am De-Modding due to the recent events involving my car. Its amazing how fast you can crush someones hope to have a sweet car when you literally walk all over it when you are drunk. I cant believe how little respect some people have...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info