3800 North Ave yet another fun ride to the GF's place

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
I love driving to my GF's place in addison.....take North ave to 355, i have gotten more runs in the last month than i have in the year ive owned my car...Last week i had the best run ever with a newer Maxima with a catback.....tonight...nothing on the way there i was kinda of dissappointed...the way home was different....nothing exciting the first half...then i run into this 88-90 Camaro RS (really SLOW) no competition there hahaha what a joke....then next im looking for someone else....up ahead i see some Xenon lights and im like ok this is gonna be fun....i roll up on this 300C with a catback....going about 50....so i drop down to second gear and give it a little tap....along side of him....then we both hammer it....it was side by side the whole way till about 90.....he slows down and i do as well but i had to be a smart ass and hammer it again once we got side my side.....figures i get on it too much and the light im coming up to turns yellow and i got through and he stops, i really would of loved to have gone head to head...anywaz i love the trip to my GF's never thought id say that....well the new girl is worth it but if it was my ex i wouldnt be saying this haha......

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
this is the biggest problem with north ave
signherekid.jpg

speedenforcement.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My dad as a 300C, it has some balls for a 4000+ pound car. It feels as fast if not faster than my 3.4'ed GTP. There good for a easy low 14's some guys have even pulled 14.0's and 13.9's stock with them. I think they trap at almost 100. I will go WOT with my dads at 50mph and see how hard it pulls, that could be a weak point for those cars. Like 40mph is with a GTP with no DHP.

I

imported_Theautoguy

You crazy bastards, the wife and I was heading up 355 last night on the way back to Rockford from Evanston when a pack of juniors (a Mercedes, a Maxima and a GP GT) came up and played bumper gate with me in the Alero on 355. Apperantly, if you're under 22 years old you think scooting along 6" off a guys bumper is going to make the car in front of him go faster...Anyway, once traffic cleared for a right lane change, well, let's just say that 3000+ miles a month driving the Chicago Interstates more than makes up for having 80 less horsepower.

There was no racing or "jerking" lane changes to scare the other drivers (for me at least)...Hell, I even signaled through the pack of cars and never crest 80 mph. (the pack was moving at about 65-70 and I set my cruise back to 78-79 once through) My wife never even got nervious, a little finese can go a long way. However, the "juniors" were making all sorts of fuss trying to get back up to and pass me. The GP and Maxima whipped over three lanes and started weaving through the slow lanes! Once they got through the did a 90+ fly-by and disappeared. The Mercedes couldn't follow my line and stayed in the pack.

355 seems to be full of asshat's on there way to overpriced clubs after 10pm on weekends!

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
I'm frequently on 294, probably 5-6 times a week. I don't run into too many aggressive drivers.

Rarely go on 355, that's way out of my way, at least until they put the extension down to 80.

You guys ever around North Ave. when they have the Bloomington Gold Corvette show? Seeing a dozen Vette's running down North Avenue constantly is a cool thing to see. It's like a gang of some sort. :blink:

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Aug 20 2006, 07:48 AM
My dad as a 300C, it has some balls for a 4000+ pound car. It feels as fast if not faster than my 3.4'ed GTP. There good for a easy low 14's some guys have even pulled 14.0's and 13.9's stock with them. I think they trap at almost 100. I will go WOT with my dads at 50mph and see how hard it pulls, that could be a weak point for those cars. Like 40mph is with a GTP with no DHP.
[snapback]135850[/snapback]​

Yeah I wasnt expecting much of a race but to my suprise that thing had some balls....I guess GP's are not the only quick family sedan....haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info